1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your other hobbies?

Discussion in 'General BS No One Cares About But You' started by KGB ate my Bread, Feb 20, 2009.

1. KGB ate my Bread

KGB ate my Bread New Member

Besides video games, what other hobbies to you give your time to?

For me, I'd say the most active are drinking beer (i've tried 215 types), Shooting (both cameras and guns) which I do weekly. On a less often basis, I like to do day-hiking/backpacking (solo), play board games and table top (risk, railroad tycoon, Warhammer 40k), play guitar, and read.

Shooting:
    View attachment 139

Backpacking:
    [​IMG]

So, What are your hobbies?

Attached Files:

2. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Weaver stance, dude. Weaver stance.

I also go to the range every other week or so. My favorite is my .50 cal Desert Eagle (although at two bucks a round, ammo is expensive as hell). I also have a 9mm Taurus, a Glock 17, a 1201FP Beretta shotgun, and an AR15.

I run on a daily basis, and plan to run the Marine Corp marathon in DC on Oct. 25th of this year (my second time). I also run the Army 10 miler every year, and a dozen or so other 10k's (usually for some cause or other). I also hit the weights 3 days a week in order to keep the "gamer's gut" at bay.

Other than that, gaming (and managing things around here) take up most of my free time.

...oh..and if the Wife asks real nice, I allow her to experience my Penis.

....ok, she doesn't have to ask nice.

.......ok, I have to ask.

3. macejr4

macejr4 New Member

Paintball, drum line, and video games consume my life.

4. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

my only other hobby besides gaming at the moment is bowling. when the weather's nice, like come spring and summer, i will get into skateboarding again (cruising, not trick-riding). i really love bombing hills on my long-board, it's pretty exhilirating.

5. stock

stock New Member

What sort of long-boards do you have? I got into this a few years back, so peaceful.

6. seeyouinhell

seeyouinhell Head Admin
    Head Admin

My other two hobbies are poker and radio control car racing.

So far i have taken down some good big races:

2008 World Champion
    2008 Canadian Champion (That's right motherboy i rule Canada)
    2006 World Champion
    2004 National Champion
    2003 National Champion

2005 and 2007 i had to skip because of my newborn babies.

7. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

When I'm not playing video games/trolling on the forums, my hobbies include:

* Going for walks/runs with my dogs about the ghetto/dog park.
    * I visit friends in Chicago almost weekly(beer, music, and tom foolery)
    * Reading...I read A LOT (current book, Confederacy of Dunces)
    * Gaying it up with my gay roommates(gay bars/a fair share of LOGO)(And no, don't assume, and don't say ANYTHING Emily)
    * I too go to the firing range bi weekly(most of the time). I only own two guns, a Springfield Armory(from my hometown, Geneseo) GI .45 1911 nickel plated(best birthday gift, ever), and a Sig Sauer P229 SCT.
    * Studying for advancement.
    * Skate boarding(vert) when the weather is nice.

8. motherboy xxx

motherboy xxx Head Admin
    Head Admin

Does this mean that you watch RuPaul's Drag Race? Because that it my new favourite show!!!

Uh... my hobbies include spending too much time writing papers at home with my fiance and our cats. I really like to cook, and read trashy romance novels, and work at the greatest dog cafe in the world (I'm a big animal nerd).

9. Emily

Emily Guest

I'm not even really sure what it is I'm supposed to keep mum about... Is it about the time you got drunk and let a big black guy fuck you in the ass?

Anyway, when I'm not doing work related to finishing up my master's degree in journalism from MU, I teach journalism at a small, private women's college, which provides me with a great deal of happiness.

In general, I enjoy doing things that make me relax, as I'm fairly stressed out and wound up most of the time. Those things include: hanging out with the few people who don't make me want to vomit blood (unfortunately, pretty much all of them moved away before this semester started), taking long drives, listening to depressing music (so I've been told), and as of late spending as much time as possible with one Roscoe P. Coletrain.

Oh, and I couldn't forget my most favorite pass time... making grown men cry.

10. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

what instrument? I was snare/bass 3

11. Xabu

Xabu Guest

I'm awesome at sleeping.

12. Do Work Son

Do Work Son New Member

Spaz's pics make me wish I had a garage. As soon as I get a place with one I'm buying a Fox Mustang and a 351.

13. macejr4

macejr4 New Member

Second bass freshman year, tenor captain since then. Who'd you play for?

14. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

i have a 40 inch loaded vanguard. it's pretty sweet. i also have a 24" long board larry's humu mini. it's great for getting around anywhere, especially on campus.

15. stock

stock New Member

Sweet! I've got a 38" vanguard as well, but it's a flex5 and as such is a loaner as I'm too 'fat' for it (If anyone weighs 100-140lbs and wants to get into longboarding...) My go-to is a Bustin' Complex, but I recieved an Insect Mosquito over winter break (4 months after I ordered it) and it is phenomenal. They've got some serious wait-time problems, but you can't go wrong with Insect. Tell me what you think of the mini, I can't find any boards under 32" that my feet fit comfortably on (size15? clown shoes).

16. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

I played for Marian. Ever been at a BOA event?

17. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

um
    * comic books
    * movies
    * drawing
    * painting
    * animating
    * interwebbing

18. xion

xion New Member

Guitar, surfing, TF2 ...In that order.
    My other hobby that I started last month. Volunteering at 'The Armed Forces Military Museum'.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.armedforcesmuseum.com/
    Keep everything lookin nice.

19. macejr4

macejr4 New Member

Second bass freshman year, tenor captain since then. Who'd you play for?[/quote]

I played for Marian. Ever been at a BOA event?[/quote]

Nah, we're way to young a school to do BOA. We do do WGI as Fleming Island Velocity though, got bumped up to open last year and placed 2...6 (i think...may be 27) in Dayton.

20. Drunk Guy

Drunk Guy Guest

Pfft you guys talking marching band

I placed second and first at state, and was band cap then drum major junior and senior years. Open division. :p Also, our concert band won state once when I was there. >.>

Woo... yeah... was a cool kid band guy too...

In my defense, I also played lacrosse throughout high school, and started V. Er
    yeah
    not much of a defense

goddamn I was a band geek back then