1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that irk me...

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Proven, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

People that take other people's gamer tags. There is some dude that has decided to use my tag, and he played(s) on balloon race_V2B.

I don't know why that bothers me, but it really does. I just found that out when I was going to look at my stats.

2. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

3. Cappabitch

Cappabitch New Member

What tag? D:

4. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

My in-game name (tag) is Proven. The only real gripe I have with the Source engine is that more than one person can have the same name (tag) in game. Other games I have played only allowed one person to have a particular name.

I hate the idea that someone is playing on the same servers as I am with the same name as I am. If they are being idiots and it is reported I don't want to get banned because of them.

I hope I am explaining it right, if I am not, then you could do a search for my name in the TF2 Stats and see that there are two people named Proven now. The impostor has had a second alias "The Carpenter" before.

5. killerz

killerz New Member

You sure he wasn't a spy? :wink: :lol:

6. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

:shock: lol...

I attached a screen capture of what I am talking about. I am the Proven highlighted in red. They don't look like they have played very long (like 18h total), but it still irks me.

Attached Files:

7. M1k3yD

M1k3yD New Member

I lol'd. But seriously, I enjoy that the names don't need to be unique. It's awesome. Makes it so you can have any name you want, eliminates the massive amounts of people who don't use Steam anymore with names you want from taking them from you.

8. Batman

Batman Guest

It doesn't matter what your name is because it's your SteamID that identifies you.

9. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

Yeah, you all are right. I don't know why it peeves me but it gets right under my skin for some reason.

10. Cappabitch

Cappabitch New Member

A case of the Copycats. That is, if they actually played with you.

Of course, if I meet another Cappabitch, I'll choke the cunt through the screen.

11. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

its simple if you kill them you become stronger, like in the movie "the One"

12. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

Thank you Cappabitch for making me feel less crazy. He keeps playing on Balloon Race when I am not logged on. Copycat is a better name for it and in some places it would be considered "Flattering." Only on here, it is called reputation stealing because that is the server I typically play on and the regulars know me.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't such a terrible player...he's got 3 kills and 14 deaths. Damn....

13. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

That sounds like some of my scores...

14. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

I just noticed in Tf2stats their is another Hills. And here I thought I was being original. WTF. I'm claiming it back to 1996, so this dude is SOL.

15. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Guest

Here I will make you a unique name :D
    bro-moe-lester
    wait you know what that name kicks ass, I might just use it myself... sorry.

16. Guest

lulz, uncontrollable lulz! that made my morning

17. AegisTalons

AegisTalons Server Admin
    Server Admin

When I read this, all I could think about is the Dave Chappelle episode with Wayne Brady and choking a bitch. Here is a link for everyone to enjoy.

[funnyordie]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bb6875cff8/chappelle-show-daves-night-out-with-wayne-brady-from-uploaderguy[/funnyordie]

If video doesn't work, here is the link: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bb6875 ... ploaderguy

18. DIK Farm Dunn

DIK Farm Dunn Active Member

You mean like the highlander....

It still irks me seeing all the different variations of "NH (NH) {NH} N.H." that are out there....and ive only been here for a few weeks.

19. ScarletBlu

ScarletBlu New Member

...It's always easy to expose an imposter of me...

No epic BRO spray? Not ScarletBlu.

20. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Hmm, seems he's been using that Proven tag since November of 2008...and he was here first! He probably doesn't play much because he can't stand playing and getting confused with "that other Proven" who plays on the same servers as he does!

Luckily you're a VIP and have a killer backstory to support your claim to the Proven tag! I definitely understand why you'd be a little irked by someone misrepresenting you on the servers though...especially with stats like "2 flamethrower, 1 world" for kill stats! :lol:

As for the so-called -{[No Heroes]}- clan tags, they have made me chuckle ever since I was in a game where a few of them joined and one of the VIPs wrote MORE CLAN MEAT for all to see. Hehehe... :wink: