1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things A VIP on No Heroes Should Know

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by kief__catcher, May 24, 2009.

1. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

I'll start. If you're playing medic and you're the only medic on your team with a regular ubercharge, and the other team has more than one sentry gun, and both of those sentry guns are not on ground level (i.e. you have to shoot up on top of buildings to kill these guns) then DO NOT FUCKING UBER A PYRO. a pyro can kill one gun on an uber, maybe 2 if he's lucky, if both sentries are on the ground. if both sentries are at a high level, the pyro will be lucky to kill one gun.

so again, if there are 2 sentry guns on top of buildings, and your team is in desperate need of an uber to take out guns, DO NOT FUCKING UBER A PYRO. for fuck's sake. what the fuck.

uber a demoman. jesus fucking christ.

2. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

Our team sucked.

To continue this brilliant thread:

If you are joining a team that has the middle point on Warpath, please don't be a fucking tugger and go Scout. There is nothing you can do to help your team but run around and hope to hit a pushing uber from the tunnel. Given, that in itself is beneficial for the team, but the other 95% of the time where you're not stopping an uber, you're wasting EVERYONES' fucking time.

[blink]Bonus Tip: Don't be the 3rd sniper. [/blink]

3. D15C0

D15C0 New Member

4. King

King Guest

Most important of all: LISTEN! There's a lot of useful tips that can be given by your fellow teammates, if you just ask. This is TEAM fortress, not LONE WOLF fortress. Every goddamned time we get pushed to the final cap, the Sniper player number population will increase up to six. Jesus. The people who switch usually are, ironically, the people who can't snipe for fuck's sake.

5. Amakiir

Amakiir New Member

If you are playing medic and nobody around you is on fire or dying, buff everyone around you. The game is much easier when your team has 50% more health than your opponents. All those times when you die and think "man, if I only had 10 more health" or "if I were alive for a split second longer.." A medic buff offers you those luxaries. So, medics, please don't skimp out.

6. (MP)Ryan

(MP)Ryan New Member

[blink]Look at the class balance on the team BEFORE you switch![/blink]

There should, under normal circumstances, be no more than THREE players of any class. There are some exceptions, obviously, but if in doubt, maximum three.

To be more specific, any more than two spies is a waste of a slot. The third spy could be a medic, heavy, demo, soldier, or pyro. Ditto for snipers. Two is great, three is overkill. One Scout is sufficient at all times. If you are the second Scout, you are a selfish douchebag that needs to learn the whole teamwork concept - ESPECIALLY if your team only has one or two Medics.

There are never enough medics. Ever. The only time you have an excess of Medics is if their numbers exceed the number of offensive classes on the team (e.g. More medics than combined Heavies/Soldiers/Demos/Pyros). In my entire team playing TF2, I have seen this happen twice. So, chances are your team could really use another Medic BEFORE another Sniper/Spy/Scout.

I was on a team on PE today that pushed within 20 feet of the final point on Swift, and with 2 minutes to go was unable to cap because people switched classes. Our final tally was 5 snipers, 4 spies, and 5 other player classes. And the spies weren't sapping Sentries (it would have been somewhat forgiveable if they worked together and swarmed the sentry nest). So, before you become a selfish douchebag, CHECK THE CLASS BALANCE. If it means that you have to play another class because your favorite is over-populated, so be it.

As VIPs, you are expected to uphold the NH mantra of teamwork above all. There are a lot of people who seem to be more interested in personal gratification. Wake the fuck up.

7. djsartre

djsartre New Member

SEE ABOVE QUOTE FOR THE BEST ADVICE EVER!!! NO COMBAT MEDICS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:

8. prinny

prinny New Member

I feel like I learned alot today.

BTW GUYS, VIPS SHOULD KNOW NOT TO FUCKING SIT IN SPECTATORS TO WHORE ITEMS

9. King

King Guest

DIT FUCKING TO. :mrgreen:

Are you trying to say that I die too much? :evil:

10. Meia

Meia No Heroes VIP
    VIP

To go hand in hand with this, if you do not know the best places to build on an engineer, let someone else who actually DOES know play the class instead of you. Can't count the number of times a bad engineer has completely killed their whole team on a payload map because they refuse to build a sentry on the one chokepoint defense has to run through, and we get pushed back to spawn.

This also goes for helping your fellow engies. If a sentry isn't up yet to guard, protect the area before you try to zerg the next point, or you can find yourself pushed back to your spawn. It only takes one enemy engineer to make a nest to block another 2-3 minutes of a map off your time. Also, with all the spies running around, if you're at spawn and you see a teleporter sapped, do everyone a favor and quickly switch to an engineer to break the sapper and fix the teleporter, then switch back to whatever class you were. This also goes for before a match starts and prep is still going. A good engineer will have at least one teleporter exit at the first spot, you lose no time if you're not an engie and upgrade an engie's tele to lv3 then switch mains and get on the point before the match starts.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar New Member

Ahhh.....Free TF2 weekends bring out the best in all of us. :evil:

12. prinny

prinny New Member

Free weekend gave birth to...

13. luminouscow

luminouscow New Member

!callforhelp

I swear, if I see another thread asking how to get an admin, and the person asking is VIP, I will e-stalk them and murder them as much as possible in game.

Also, make sure the whole team is OK with you screwing around and learning a new class before you switch. The 24/7 2fort server is typically good for this, as most people are pretty chill, and they don't flip when there's five snipers unless a serious game is actually going.

14. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

and that's why i hate 2fort =)

15. rand0m

rand0m New Member

I was going to say which happens extremely rarely. But this works also.

16. luminouscow

luminouscow New Member

That's why I love it. It gives me a chance to learn and get better at a class (such as Sniper) without pissing everybody at No Heroes off. Plus, it's a game. Sometimes I just want to blow off steam and not be super competitive.

17. achilles

achilles New Member

some teams have 6 snipers so I got frustrated and left to go to an achievement server. Once I got all my weapons I come to no heroes to play not unlock in spec. That is why I pay for the vip reserved slot because other servers are locked or full.

Lucky I got all the achievements and unlocked weapons except the cloak and dagger and hats :)

18. Yourself

Yourself New Member

I was always irritated by VIPs idling in servers before this update. I've always seen it as an abuse of the VIP status. You're taking up a slot and you won't be kicked out of it. Instead, non-VIPs will be kicked out or not be able to get in. I don't understand why VIPs would idle (ignoring weapons for the moment) anyway, since we can almost always get into a server because of the way our slots get reserved.

19. Mavwreck

Mavwreck New Member

Quite true. I'd also add "don't build your stuff right next to another engy's stuff", but I think that's not even "What Every VIP Should Know" - that's "What Every TF2 Player Who's Been Playing More Than a Week Should Know".

That's an interesting idea...but here's a question for everyone - which is more important, fixing the tele or killing the spy?

I really like that idea...I've done it before, but at the beginning of a payload defense it makes a lot of sense, especially if you're choosing a slower class.

20. King

King Guest

It depends on the situation that you prioritize what comes before. Fixing the tele is more important, as a level 3 takes time to re-build, especially if the tele' HP is low (you can check that by putting your cursor over it). But if that spy is so stupid that he hangs around in the open, just give him a mouthful of lead or an ass full of wrenches, provided that the tele will live long enough for you to do that. :wink: