1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE PRODIGY

Discussion in 'General BS No One Cares About But You' started by chardos, May 29, 2009.

1. chardos

chardos New Member

I've been waiting about 10 years to see these guys live since they very rarely come to the states, and every time they were in the area I was working/out of town or something prevented me from going. I finally got to see them tonight at the Warfield and they were fucking amazing. They have such an awesome stage presence, and the fact that they still are so intense and into their music when they're in their late 30's/early 40's is unbelievable. I yelled myself hoarse singing along, but it was 110% worth every fucking second.

If you live in Seattle and have the chance to see them in the next few days (can't remember the exact date) you definitely should. Kaskade is opening for them up there too, and, shit, I'd pay just to see him perform.

Do we have any other Prodigy fans out there? A lot of you are probably thinking 'who the fuck are they?' but if nothing more, I'm sure our counterparts from across the pond are familiar with them. :)

2. MicroWaveGirl

MicroWaveGirl New Member

They were here last weekend 2nd time they been here but i didnt went but people have told me they put up a good show

3. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

I've never seen them but I've been a fan since 1995 or so. Listening to Music for the Jilted Generation and playing Doom II on my Macintosh LC575 (because Macs were garbage for gaming and I couldn't get the Doom music to work! :lol: )...good times, good times!

I've been a bit of a youtube whore the past few days but this one is relative, I swear! Here's a track from their 2009 album (watch in HQ):
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHnyslc-OM[/youtube]

4. AegisTalons

AegisTalons Server Admin
    Server Admin

My favorite song off that album is "Invaders must die" closely followed by "Take me to the Hospital". Good album, just screams pure Prodigy. Jealous about the concert, it must have been crazy.

Edit: Of course I have to add in one of my all time favorite Prodigy songs with the music video: "Smack my Bitch Up". I could not find the right video on youtube, so this one is at daily motion. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2n9mv_the-prodigy-smack-my-bitch-up-uncen_music NOTE: NSFW. SERIOUSLY!!! YO!!! Enjoy.

5. M1k3yD

M1k3yD New Member

God damn love that band. That smack my bitch up video is crazy, just was watching it earlier tonight. So many good songs by them.

6. chardos

chardos New Member

They opened with "World's on Fire", which was unexpected but fucking ill. I think they played every song off their new album, except for Thunder, Colours, and Piranha. (they played Stand Up as they were leaving, but I think that was on the PA, so they didn't technically play it) Along with that, from what I can remember, Firestarter, Breathe, Poison, some song I've never heard called Comanche, Out of Space (everyone was singing along with the Bob Marley sample,) some crazy incarnation of Diesel Power, Voodoo People, and I was really not expecting it, but they played "Smack My Bitch Up," which was amazing as FUCK.

If I had to find one negative, it would be that they didn't play anything off Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. (I really wanted to see them do Spitfire live)

I feel like I'm writing a review, so I'll stop there. Just go see them, that's all.

7. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

I LIVE! (said the necro'd thread)

I just stumbled upon this truly awesome video and if you haven't watched it, you should! Hint: blindfolded running race! :grin: :eek:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXKWBcaV3A[/youtube]

8. wHaCkY

wHaCkY New Member

My favorite prodigy song is "Spitfire".

It is amazing to see where they have gone since the first song I heard from them "Charly".

9. Guest

I'm not fond of them..

But I'm glad so many people are ^_^

10. M1k3yD

M1k3yD New Member

YOU'RE NOT FOND OF ANYTHING. WAAH

11. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Ah, I love the Prodigy.

I'm possibly a little young to really appreciate their older music from the 90's but listening to that and their newer stuff (Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned and Invaders Must Die) kinda got me onto them. They actually played the 'Radio 1 Big Weekend' a couple of months ago in Swindon (about 15 miles from where I live) and I didn't know they were there. :oops: Watched the highlights afterwards though, almost seemed a relief for them to have some new material to play with.

On a final note, HOW THE FUCK IS KEITH FLINT STILL ALIVE?

[​IMG]

12. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

TWO belts will keep my pants up much better than one! He kinda looks like a midget in that picture!

The only album from The Prodigy that I would consider inaccessible to new fans would be Experience (their first album) which is more early-90's dance oriented than anything else. Music for the Jilted Generation is still my favourite (also check out the soundtrack to the movie Hackers).