1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The intro of Al - truistics's son

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pickles77954, Mar 24, 2009.

1. pickles77954

pickles77954 New Member

Hey guys some of you know me as the pyro on Orange the names pickles. Just came on to introduce myself. I mainly play pyro but I like to switch to whatever is needed on my team except snipers because they are over played on orange. Snipers especially My biggest pet peeve is finding 5-7 bad snipers who hang out at spawn because heaven forrbid the move and get shot once.

I play with my dad most of the time most of you know him as Al - Truistic AKA the old fart on orange( he's 50) :lol: :grin: . we started around the same time and he has been trying to become as good as a pyro as me. He is making his way up the charts and should brake 100 soon. although i have just gotten to the 900's.

Most of my friends play on orange like JClay, Strangelove, Fozzie, Capella, and of course Al - Truistic. Wanted to shout out to all of you guys because you are some of the best I have ever played with.

My dad says his claim to fame is having no headshots on orange. mine is being able to kill my dad and most other pyros because I am one of the few who uses back burner.

If you wanna play against me or my friends I suggest playing orange it is the funnest map i've played and if your friends say it is to hard then they must be newbs because all you need is a little practice at the map to get better.

2. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Welcome to No Heroes.

3. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

awww... how touching, a father and son pair. i think it's nice the two of you can bond thru something like gaming. nice and nerdy =)

welcome to the forums! glad u like the servers. =)

4. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

Welcome to No Heroes, I'll keep a close eye on your two stats so that I can see who's better :twisted:

5. jclay06

jclay06 New Member

Wow that's awesome. I never would have noticed you two were related from the game talk :razz:
    I think both of you can beat me pyro to pyro :eek:

6. Darth Cyrax

Darth Cyrax New Member

Welcome to No-Heroes, and

Having a backburner isn't key in pyro v pyro duels... it's having a shotgun.

7. Deadpulse

Deadpulse New Member

I wish my dad would play TF2 with me, but he constantly wants me to stop playing this game >.>

Welcome, I've played you a couple of times.

8. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Total BS, Darth. I killed 2 pyros, 1 soldier, and 3 snipers with the flare gun last night. :grin:
    That 20 initial hit damage is great when they're already dying. :twisted:

9. Truckincowboy

Truckincowboy Head Admin
    Head Admin

welcome to both of you to no-heroes. :grin:

10. Capella

Capella New Member

Yeah on the times you guys end up on the other team from me on Orange I enjoy playing the original recipe and extra crispy game. Welcome to the fourms eh.

Capella

11. Darth Cyrax

Darth Cyrax New Member

I was specifically refering to pyro v. pyro, where the enemy doesn't get caught on fire. A pyro with a shotgun versus a pyro with a flare gun- shotgun wins everytime.

Anyways, glad to have you at No Heroes, pickles.

12. jclay06

jclay06 New Member

I get bored an initiate flare gun fights on Orange. It's fun until your 16 shots are gone ... hopefully you hit with 2 of them ... lol.

13. Al-Truistic

Al-Truistic Head Admins
    Head Admin

Well I suppose I should chime in here. :lol:

Don't tell him, but head to head he can usually take me. That being said I am trying to teach him to be a better TEAM player. He is still a little to obsessed with personal achievements, but we are working on it.

We can't play opposite teams very often, because he never shuts up, and he gives away his teams strategy. We have 2 desktops back to back in my office (actually more like a large closet) and I can hear everything he says.

Truth be told, I play a lot more than he does, so there is hope for some of you that you could be doing this when you are old and grey.

Thanks to all for welcoming him. He is a good kid, and I am proud of him.

Al

14. the_mad_magyar

the_mad_magyar New Member

Warms the cockles of my heart :razz:
    Welcome guys!

15. Deadpulse

Deadpulse New Member

Al, you are by far the coolest dad ever I've ever seen lol. It's still so amazing to me for a father to play video games with their children, it's very rare for me to see.

16. Al-Truistic

Al-Truistic Head Admins
    Head Admin

Thanks, Deadpulse.

Now if you would stop shooting me in the head, we can get along just fine.

17. Bry

Bry Member

I wish my Dad opened up to technology enough to simply get an e-mail address :cry: , nevermind a Steam account with TF2. That's what I call father-son bonding! I'd probably make my Dad be my medic.

18. jclay06

jclay06 New Member

Haha. I'm sure everyone shares your sentiment. :lol:

19. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

hey pickles, I just noticed you aren't a VIP.

Nice example your setting, Al :grin:

20. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

That's simply awesome. Me and my Dad spend alot of time drag racing together, so its nice to have that connection.