1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team stacking warpath

Discussion in 'General BS No One Cares About But You' started by whoson1st, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whoson1st

whoson1st New Member

No hereos is a great server but some of you admins and vips should try to make the teams more fair, Im not going to call anyone out by name because you know who you are, to hear admins talking smack at the end of a round when it 15 on 11 is retarded, it will drive players away from the server.

now go ahead flame away, tell me I am a cry baby and a fag and whatever but again this post is to show some of you that this is the exact behavior that drives players away from a server, it has not been as bad during the week days but the weekends have been pretty bad, anyways just some constructive advive, do what you want with it.

2. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

If talking shit at someone drives them away, they probably belong somewhere other than here anyhow.

If it's abusive, I can see how it would be a problem, but people taking things too seriously is their own problem.

3. Bubble_Bobble

Bubble_Bobble New Member

I think he's talking more about the VIPs that switch teams and constantly stack them.

People sometimes whine about that on Balloon Race but, y'know, if I'm donating $48 a year I'm going to maximize my VIP benefits.

4. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

I personally like the !teamstack option.

But as a donator, I have to agree with if i'm "paying to play," I am going to use my benefits to the max. Even if it is playing with people I like and can work as a team.(Hence, TEAM Fortress)

5. whoson1st

whoson1st New Member

I am a vip so i feel I can say it, Im not talking for myself, I can type !swapteam any time I want but I dont because if we all do it, then teams will be 15 10 and really is that much fun to kick a dog that just lays there, I like competition and I see and hear visitors to the server bitching or just leaving, none of us are born as VIP's we came here and we liked it enough to shell out 4 bucks a month, I just want to see it stay that way, people quit games all the time, you always need new blood, my 2 cents anyways.. hmm maybe that was a quarters worth, anys ways see you in game.

6. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

You make a good point. I know that i'm guilty for stacking the teams, but the server will rebalance the teams within 5 seconds to have even/close to even teams. Though it wont balance by skill like PTB use to do in CS 1.6

7. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

I make a point to join the losing team, then I try to win.

8. skate

skate New Member

The reason that teams win on Warpath has more to do with the amount of teamwork and communication that a team uses, and less about the 1337 skills of the players on said team. I know that a lot of the VIPs and admins (myself included) can say that we are nowhere near the best at this game, but we win because we work together. If you have a team full of great players that utilize no teamwork whatsoever, theyre gonna get rolled easily. That's the reason why its called Team Fortress 2. If we're driving away players that dont bother communicating and working together, then honestly I could care less.

9. whoson1st

whoson1st New Member

here is the problem Skate, if VIP"s always play on the same team then of course they communicate better.. so of course its going to be the team with the Admins and VIP's winning everytime, they do communicate better and are used to playing with eachother.. you basically explained my point exactly lol. Thanks.

10. skate

skate New Member

Lol. My main point was the last sentence.

11. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

There's no such thing as team stacking on our servers. People pay for the privilege of being able to play with their friends whenever they want, plain and simple.

For the most part, teams are uneven at the end of rounds simply because a losing team sees more people quitting than a winning team. I've been hearing for months about how "people will leave" when they get steam rolled game after game...and yet almost every one of our TF2 servers is among the top 50 most heavily trafficked servers ON THE PLANET....and see over 5000 repeat visitors per day. Apparently, we're doing something right.

With that in mind...my recommendation to you if you hear people crying about this fictitious thing known as "team stacking" is to develop their skills/teamwork to become competitive, find another server, or shut the fuck up. No one held my hand and taught me how to play this game, or how to play as a team. On our servers, it's sink or swim.

12. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

And if your team is made of lead, work together.

13. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

Savage, its that way of thinking is why I stuck around here. If only the old community I was with was like that we would still be alive.

14. Talirand

Talirand New Member

i understand the issue here, but to go as far as to say we are driving people away seems extreme. if you get rolled and quit, you already suck at life because you run from a challenge. To be honest, before i was a VIP, i was forced to play against the NH crew constantly, but it made me improve my game. yeah it was frustrating, but watching how something fails is a great way to learn how it works. play on the shitty team that doesn't work together and you will learn quickly what does and doesn't work in tf2, especially against a good performing team. this reminds me of the spawn camping thread, "there's always a way to win, its up to you and your team to do it."

if you're not improving, you're moving backwards. play the game.

15. Dyobolikal

Dyobolikal New Member

Uneven in skills, but they will get better over time.

16. seeyouinhell

seeyouinhell Head Admin
    Head Admin

It's funny when you look at the team that complains about team stacking. They have the wrong mix of classes. To many snipers, not enough medics, a couple scouts and not enough demos. The first part of the team should be a balance of classes. Losing teams are full of players that only think about them selfs and not the team. Why should i team switch to a team that has not desire to work together and win.

17. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

To verbally abuse them through the chat. :grin:

18. whoson1st

whoson1st New Member

and one could argue that if some vets , vips and or admins stay on the weaker Teams people may follow their leadership and grow into better players. Its about giving back to your own community. I do see Savages point that people pay to play with their friends, I brought this up because I saw dissension with players. In the end they are a pool of potential VIP's.

I for one will continue to mix up my play on what teams I get on, Albino Boo and some of the other VIp's do it as well. Like I said I like the server and thats why I brought it up, not to piss people off and Im not mad, just an observation, both sides have valid points.

19. {EZLN} Legionnaire

{EZLN} Legionnaire New Member

Im going to have to say I agree with whats being said. Yes as VIP's we have the right and option to play with our friends and we should; On the other side I think some consideration needs to go into making this more competitive than just rick rolling the opposition. Should the rules change, no? But how about as VIPs we just set an example by swapping teams when it gets unbalanced or to make the match more competitive for everyone. I stay off of Warpath just because I've never seen the teams remotely even or fair(having 8+ VIPs/Admin on one team is overkill...) Just an opinion, flame on.

20. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

legionnaire, whoson1st, anyone else who thinks we team stack too much - play on whichever team you like, and have as much fun as you can doing it. i'll play on whichever team i want, and i plan to enjoy it. team stacking is not causing our server population to suffer, and it's not causing us to lose people who we want to be VIPs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.