1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sniper Duel - not ranked? =(

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by AnalogAnomaly, May 30, 2009.

1. AnalogAnomaly

AnalogAnomaly New Member

Love the server. One question- why the hell isn't it ranked or tracked by hlx stats? going 104:10 (10.4 kdr) on it i figured hell I ought to have gone up a rank or two. with place and rank commands not working I verified through the stats page that it in fact is not a tracked server. Why not? I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason, but as a proud sniper I'm curious as to what it is.

2. GlaDOS V1.09

GlaDOS V1.09 New Member

Its kind of unfair, it is a specialized server just for snipers.

3. Capella

Capella New Member

There was a community vote taken when the server was new, and the concept of stats for it was voted down by the community. That is the exact reason.

If you want stats as a sniper there is Orange and 2fort.

Capella

4. Chewy

Chewy New Member

The community voted against having the Stats on Sniper Duel. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2754&hilit=sniper+duel

Personally, I think it's a great idea. Less skilled snipers (such as myself) can go and play without giving away truck loads of points. It could also potentially skew the Stats horribly.

5. AnalogAnomaly

AnalogAnomaly New Member

I see. I suppose I can understand that, and please forgive me for not seeing the old thread regarding the vote. I play sniper duel to test my merit as a sniper as well as to try and pick up speed and accuracy. Though it's a shame the ridiculous amount of points and headshots I rack up there compared to normal play arn't tracked I can understand that by itself is the very reason. The fact that the idea was VOTED down means I have no reason to complain. Ahh well, thanks for the info guys and gals. =)

edit: oh.. and 2fort.. I generally don't snipe on 2fort, it's counter-productive. That and my accuracy and speed is a lot better further away than close up.

6. prinny

prinny New Member

and blimp race..

7. King

King Guest

Our little epic sniper war on Warpath never ceased to make me laugh, Analog. :cool:

BTW, I've got a present for you also. :cool:

8. Capella

Capella New Member

Stay tuned on that

9. AnalogAnomaly

AnalogAnomaly New Member

That was a war? I was just fucking around with the huntsman. o__o

10. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

and the gauntlet has been THROWN!

11. AnalogAnomaly

AnalogAnomaly New Member

Pardon me, but I'm not familiar with the expression. =3 Care to elaborate?

12. Synngry

Synngry New Member

You're being challenged.

13. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

to throw the gauntlet (a gauntlet is of course the heavy metal armored glove from one of those chivalric suits of armor) means to challenge someone to a due (and it's sort of meant to be insulting or deriding someone's manhood); it's sort of like taking off your glove and slapping someone in the face as a challenge, notably parodied in the robin hood men n tights movie in which robin uses an actual gauntlet, not a cloth glove, to slap prince john in the face - what i meant in this case was that king thought you guys were having an epic pwning war, and you didn't even notice - which is like saying that you are so much better than him what he thought was a great war was nothing but a minor encounter to you, which could be seen as an insulting comment on your part, thus demanding a future rematch.

thus, you threw the gauntlet

14. AnalogAnomaly

AnalogAnomaly New Member

You are perhaps reading into it too much, though I see now your reasoning behind the statement and it's meaning. =)