1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scout update out Feb 24th

Discussion in 'General BS No One Cares About But You' started by Deadpulse, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Deadpulse

Deadpulse New Member

Team Fortress 2 Scout Update Coming Next Week
    February 17, 2009, 1:26 pm - Valve - Press Release
    Scout Site Unveiling Release Details

February 17, 2008 Valve, creators of award-winning games and leading technologies, today announced a set of new releases for Team Fortress 2, the title named Editor's Favorite Game of All Time by PC Gamer (UK). The releases are headline by the Scout Update and will be made available Tuesday, February 24. Between now and then, folks can learn more about what's coming by checking
    http://www.tf2.com/scoutupdate each day.

The new bat is quite interesting..

2. {EZLN} Legionnaire

{EZLN} Legionnaire New Member

That bat looks fricken ridiculous! I cant wait to smash home runs on Orange map. (someone needs to create a scout only map called Home-run derby)

3. Defy

Defy Guest

This fawkin update is killin me....a lot of people are probably gonna use scout now just for the achievements...but if it gets to the point where a bunch of people switch to it and make a team lose...then they're gonna get the boot. :shock:

4. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

Considering that I play on NH server exclusively, you better not fucking kick me! I'm definitely going to be showing the Scout some love come the 24th. Honestly, though, I agree that if it's still Scout-fest as much as a week later, shit will have to fly :twisted:

5. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Before I chime in, all things aside, I guess you can say that the Scout doesn't have a lot of health so he will have to be careful using "The Sandman". Also, I don't know if he can only use it while stationary or if he can use it while moving.

I don't want to be a hater and fly off the handle before the update is even released but the last thing I want in TF2 is some sort of "immobilization" move for another player: the air blast and rocket/sticky juggling are enough in my view.

I think my biggest problem with The Sandman is the "flavour" of it: anyone who's ever played MTG with know what I mean. A Scout is going to carry around a sack of baseballs that he's going to slug at people wielding miniguns, rocket launchers, and shotguns. Players take splash damage and keep on comin', but now this baseball will take me out for a second or two. I assume because I'm "dazed" I can't shoot either? Annoying. Players are invulnerable when ubered - a sentry gun can't even kill ubers with machine guns and rockets - but a baseball will stop one dead in its tracks. Great. All I can say is that he'd better have to aim and not get stuns by hitting me in the leg or something: head shots only (fat chance).

Getting back to the "flavour" (or "flavor", for you Americans out there :smile: ), a Scout launching baseballs makes me think of Jurassic Park 2 (lol) when the girl does a bunch of gymnastic moves and kicks over a velociraptor. That kind of eye-rolling crap.

6. motherboy xxx

motherboy xxx Head Admin
    Head Admin

I love killing scouts as a pyro. This is going to be a lot more pain-free than the heavy update. I got my ass kicked non-stop after that.

7. Drunk Guy

Drunk Guy Guest

hum hum hum. This sounds like a game dynamic changer... which is not exactly what I was hoping for from the scout update. What, "look, a pro scout who has the ability to aim can stun anyone at any point during the game using a goddamn baseball bat and baseball". I don't know about that shit, man. I don't know.

Also, they better release a shamwow-like alternate weapon. Maybe something that like, what... puts people out who are on fire or something. SHAMWOW

8. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Genius! Seriously though, I never actually considered that the Scout could get something that could aid other players. Or something like being able to pick up an ammo box from one place and drop it in another...that actually might be interesting and super useful. I doubt we'll see anything like it though. It would actually make use of his speed though!

9. Nick

Nick New Member

I'm scared because of ink!, now he can stop ubers too?

10. MicroWaveGirl

MicroWaveGirl New Member

same :sad: :grin:

11. Deadpulse

Deadpulse New Member

Agreed, the bat seems overpowered in the hands of people who know how to aim. Today will probably be another new weapon, so it's just a matter of time.

12. {EZLN} Legionnaire

I disagree, the bat isn't over powered. Its another finesse weapon but the trade being you lose your mobility i.e. second jump. Just like Natascha and the Back burner, this weapon has its trade off and a good scout will utilize both scatter and sandman.

13. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Wait, isn't the Sandman a replacement for the regular baseball bat, not the scatter gun?

14. SteakNCheese

SteakNCheese New Member

Well since I have never been any good at the scout class, this only makes me more worried about how bad they will own me :)

15. Muscles O Draves

Muscles O Draves Active Member

16. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

17. {EZLN} Legionnaire

Opps I mean the regular bat! But hey! while were at it, we know the scatter gun is gonna get replaced as well! I'm betting they give him new shoes (kinda like the heavies boxing gloves.) Only thing to keep in mind is how they make the scout useful on payload maps.

18. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

19. Muscles O Draves

Muscles O Draves Active Member

Yeah, I really love Cashworks. I would really like to see that one become "officially released" or whatever someday.
    I like Halfacre also.

20. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

Maybe.. but as the description states, its a sniper fest (paraphrase).