1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: MTF2 Bad?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by esreverni, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esreverni

esreverni New Member

Greetings All,

Please accept my apology for starting a new thread; the previous one has been locked.

Greetings,

I dropped it immediately after having been banned for having it; I hadn't realized before then that being a part of a clan would cause me grief. I remain oblivious to the the conflict between these clans, but I was removed from the server without notice in what seemed at the time to be a machiavellian dismissal. Please tell me if there are other bannable offenses (i.e., other than those which are obvious and/or those that are listed in the Server Decorum posting). I can see from Savage's forum avatar that some leeway for lewdness is allowed - how far does that leeway go?

Regardless, I would like to have the ban removed, unless you object. My account name is "emanaton".

Regards,

Sean P. O. MacCath-Moran
    http://www.emanaton.com

2. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Fair enough...I've lifted your ban. Just be aware that the MTF2 tag is considered "ban on sight" by our admins.

Enjoy the servers.

3. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

4. Truckincowboy

Truckincowboy Head Admin
    Head Admin

welcome man to no-heroes enjoy ! :grin:

5. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Oh ho, does he know what he's getting himself into? :grin:

Seriously, welcome man. :wink:

6. esreverni

esreverni New Member

Greetings All,

Understood. I will not be placing any clan tags on my name going forward. Are there other immediate ban rules that I should be aware of?

Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

=o)

Regards,

Sean P. O. MacCath-Moran

7. Capella

Capella New Member

The rules are on the first page you see when joining a NH game server. Beyond that normally you get a warning if you cross the line, unless you do somthing totaly stupid like using nasty sparys or hacking.

Capella

8. esreverni

esreverni New Member

... or if one has the temerity to apply an opposing clan tag to one's name. =oD

I do not recall this condition being listed in the first page you see when joining a NH game server, I did not find reference to this rule after my own searching of the forum, I did not read it in any of the pages linked to in this conversation, and it does not come up in any google search I've used, though Savage states in this thread that "the MTF2 tag is considered 'ban on sight' by our admins." Hence my repeated inquiry of the current list of actions or issues that result a ban from NH servers besides the obvious; I had clearly caused offense in my ignorance and wish to play with peace of mind that I am not damaging NH's calm (ref. Jayne Cobb).

Regards,

Sean P. O. MacCath-Moran

9. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

It's not that you can't have a clan tag in your name, it's that you just happened to associate yourself with a group that is entirely banned from the No Heroes servers (due to past instances of...whatever it is Savage/admins banned the group for). No Heroes is not a clan, it is a community.

10. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

mtf2 is the only non-griefer/hacker related community that is currently considered "ban on sight" for various reasons. since you have been gracious enough to drop that tag, you don't have to worry about being banned for ur tag again. our other rules are pretty simple - no griefing, no racist/homophobic slurs, and don't be a complete douche (and of course hacking isn't allowed). if you manage to avoid these simple offenses, you should not run into any more trouble on no heroes.

11. esreverni

esreverni New Member

sorry - mis posting

12. esreverni

esreverni New Member

Greetings Aix, et al,

I did not understand that NH is not a clan and did not intend to cause offense by suggesting it; please accept my appology. I also did not intend for it to be inferred that any clan tag is considered cause for one to be banned; I apologize for this confusion as well.

I am stating that their are obvious reasons to be banned and that any reasonable person would expect to be banned for doing them. Further, posters in this thread have very helpfully pointed out a number of NH resources for identifying those issues for which one might be banned, just in case one is excessivly dim or socially inept. However, other than Savage's post in this thread, I am unable to find any reference to a standing NH admin policy that those who have particular clan ID in their name will be banned.

This policy is not intuitive. This policy cannot be guessed at unless one has inside knowledge of whatever the issue is that Savage referred to.

Because there are standing NH admin policies that I inadvertently violated which caused my embarrassing dismissal and banning from the NH server, I am inquiring as to whether there are other rules, standing policies, or issues that I should be aware of so that I might avoid causing further offense. I would like to know if there are other clans I should shun less I raise the ire of the NH admins or community and find myself banned for. Beyond clan affiliations, I would like to know what other issues the NH admins or community decry and for which I might be banned.

Regards,

Sean P. O. MacCath-Moran

13. GlaDOS V1.09

GlaDOS V1.09 New Member

Once again, THIS ^^^^.

Calm yourself. You are A OK now.

14. esreverni

esreverni New Member

Greetings Kief Catcher,

Thank you.

Regards,

Sean P. O. MacCath-Moran

15. esreverni

esreverni New Member

Greeting GlaDOS V1.09,

.... you're hurting my soul.

Regards,

Sean P. O. MacCath-Moran

16. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

You have one hell of a name...lol

Welcome to the party.

17. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Break out the thesaurus and law textbooks: Sean P. O. MacCath-Moran is in town!

I doubt you'll get a more comprehensive answer to your query than that already given by Savage and restated by Glados. Many have asked before you and that's the answer I have read each and every time (not necessarily verbatim). As for "clans to shun", well, you have been told that MTF2 is the only non-griefing/hacking/etc community to be banned on-sight, so you should be fine if you are truly looking for a quality play experience with upstanding gamers.

18. esreverni

esreverni New Member

Greetings Aix, et al,

It was certainly not my intention to put on airs or to nitpick, and I'm very, very sorry for this interpretation. Again, please accept my apology for the offense.

Understood. There was some confusion on my part when posting or I would have addressed it differently. I had written the response you reference and attempted to post it, but when I posted and received the notice that other posts had been made I had not read the screen carefully, so misinterpreted the situation in thinking that I was being told I was posting to the wrong thread. I edited the post to empty it out and navigated to this thread to repost my reply. By the time I realized my error, others had responded to the post already. Sometimes multitasking does not pay.

As for the MTF2 issue, I'm rather disappointed in NH's carte blanche policy in this. I had no affiliation with that clan other than the invite I had accepted and that I had followed the direction of the invitor to place the tag in my name. It is offensive to be banned from a server without what would seem to be "reasonable cause", and it is insulting to have to come to the NH community with my proverbial hat in my hand to ask forgiveness for my unintended insult. I appreciate the ban being lifted, and I may play on NHs servers if you'll have me. However, I've persisted in speaking with you all about this issue because I'm feeling unresolved over it. Perhaps I'm seeking to much resolution where it is not to be found.

Thank you all for you time and efforts in discussing this with me - that has truly been appreciated.

Regards,

Sean P. O. MacCath-Moran

19. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

I was just kiddin': I'll take actual English to internet-speak any day of the week. :grin:

Disappointed and insulted or not, you should realize that there are far more idiot assholes out there (in the gaming community) than polite individuals like yourself. Personally I appreciate the aggressive stance on griefers, hackers, and generic douchebags and I feel that my $4/month is well-spent each and every time I log onto the NH servers.

Savage lifted your ban and that should really be all the resolution you need: needing more suggests that you don't understand why you were banned in the first place. Hopefully we'll see you on the servers again soon: we like quality players here! What maps/servers do you like to play? We have a fantastic Warpath server here, a server for payload maps, one for CTF, etc.

20. Darth Cyrax

Darth Cyrax New Member

Look, we're sorry you were caught up in this and that's all there is to it. Take from me and the rest of the admins, there is a VERY good reason why all members of MyTF2 are banned on sight. This isn't a simple clan rivalry, and we don't plan on changing this policy anytime soon.
    We realize pleading to be unbanned isn't the greatest way to have to introduce yourself, and we've already apologized multiple times for it. In short, there is no need for further discussion.

So, welcome to No Heroes! We now have a total of 10 TF2 servers, so there's plenty of variety. Hope to see you on one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.