1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about spy capping on Warpath

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by ShadeSWG, May 3, 2009.

1. ShadeSWG

ShadeSWG Well-Known Member

When exactly do you want to head to the opposing team's final point on Warpath. Obviously while defending your final CP isn't an option, but I mean when is it considered "worth" heading back to their final point. I'm asking due to the fact I'm playing spy a bit more, and want to know whether I'm doing something right or just being an idiot. I've found the easiest way to get back there is right before my team pushes with an uber to get to our middle spawn garage, then from their back to the last CP, screwing with teleporters along the way if I'm feeling vindictive. Is this a little too early to be heading back there or not?

2. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

When your team is pushing for the 2nd to last cap. You want to try to sneak through either the breach or just zig zag your way through the spam to get into the small crevice under the land bridge and try to let your cloak recharge without being seen. If you are able to get a full charge, cloak and run the most direct route to the final cap down the left side.

It's just that easy(?)

3. ShadeSWG

Okay, so just to clarify, I should only try to head to the last point if my team has the bridge? What I'm really after is figuring out when is "too early" to head back for it

4. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Head to the point whenever you can, as long as your team has a chance of capping #2. If they're already on point 2 and capping, get there before the demomen can set up.

I've done it once and it was beautiful. I almost came. :grin:

5. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

You can head back before your team has the bridge, but you run the risk of sitting there for an hour and being a glorified AFK.
    It's your call. It's usually a good idea to get with an engie who is preparing a proper breach. That way you can sneak through and hopefully get to the last point before your team takes the 2nd to last cap.

6. ShadeSWG

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification. I've been trying to coordinate with uber pushes on the bridge, so I don't have to be sitting back there too long. Thanks again for the clarification!

7. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

the ideal would be to go with the engie breach so that u get to the last point right about the time your team captures the 2nd point (if the breach is successful). i personally would tell you wait until your team has the middle point. i think if u go there earlier you are handicapping your team by basically being a useless afk, but then again if ur team seems about to capture the middle, it might be ok to head to the last point. every once in awhile a team caps the middle and steamrolls the next point as well if they don't get their defenses up in time.

8. ShadeSWG

What I've been doing thus far if the opposing team holds the bridge is getting to the middle spawn, sapping any buildings along the way, then just wreaking havoc with the teleporters. I'm trying to stay as effective as possible, if like an engie has a setup right outside the middle garage spawn sapping that until it's down.

9. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

well if you're actively disrupting the other team's flow then i think you're doing your job in general as a spy, but i myself am not well versed in spy tactics. however, king rabbit's spy strat guide in that section of the TF2 forum is excellent.