1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PARK THE TANK, GET BANNED.

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Savage, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Obviously, there's some confusion about this, so let me clear it up.

Parking the tank is a bannable offense.

I consider it an exploit, and as such, is cheating. Valve meant for there to be 4 special infected at any one time, not 5. Park the tank, and you're gone.

2. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

For those of us who are not regulars on the L4D servers, what is this?

3. killerz

killerz New Member

Apparently this is what it is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2un3_l6vvw[/youtube]

4. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

i don't play l4d very often, and i'm still not clear on what this is, but i can promise i will try not to do whatever this exploit is.

5. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

Basically when the tank spawns, instead of attacking you wait til all your friends respawn and all pile up to attack the survivors all at once

6. wrathofbong

wrathofbong New Member

Anyone who plays L4D knows that you need to attack survivors otherwise you lose control of the tank. Once you lose control, a second teammate gains control of the tank. Once the second teammate refuses to attack the survivors, the tank becomes a CPU and the second teammate becomes another special infected. This is known as parking the tank.

If you park the tank at the top of a ladder in the chapter 4 of No Mercy or the top of the ladder in the finale of the No Mercy, the tank can glitch and doesn't drop down, which forces the survivors to confront the tank at the top of the ladder. This almost always causes the survivors to fail because that leaves all 4 special infected left to kill the players trying to compete with a CPU tank. Parking the tank in any location forces the survivors to fight 5 special infected.

7. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Guest

This reminds me of a funny(sorta) story. We were the infected and it was No Mercy at the elevator. The tank spawned at the top(after the elevator doors, but before the cresendo event triggered.) When it became my turn I tried my best to jump from the pipes and land in the vents, but I failed. If I remember correctly the cpu tank ended up dying from the elevator coming down on him after the human team triggered it to come down.

8. Guest

There's not much you can do besides park the tank in some situations (such as No Mercy 4 like KaiserDragon mentioned). Sometimes the tank will spawn at the top of the elevator before the survivors even start the panic session so both tanks would have chewed through their entire control meter before they made it up there.

9. popster

popster New Member

Also a good point to note, if you have already spawned say as a hunter when the message shows that you are about to become the tank, the ai takes control over said hunter and it stays in play while you are harrassing the poor survivors as a tank == 5 infected and possibly 6 if the AI director is feeling really sick that day and left a witch somewhere close. :)

10. Brock Samson

Brock Samson New Member

We had that situation recently, where the tank spawned before the elevator was activated. He came through the vent and we saw his head/arms poking out of the elevator door, so we just shot him and he died. I have a feeling I already know the answer, but in this specific instance, is parking still not allowed?

11. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Guest

I was just giving a funny story that related to the topic, I wasn't try to make way for an exception. But I guess the question is valid.
    Could you imagine going up the elevator, and instead of a bellboy you get a tank. Bastard aint getting my tip thats for sure.

12. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

I'm guessing savage is talking about parking the tank ON PURPOSE! Not if the director spawned you in some asinine spot.

13. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

NO PARKING. NO DEBATE. END OF FUCKING LINE.

Anyone else who wants to keep bitching to me or any other head admin about not being able to use an exploit, feel free to find somewhere else to play, as we're sick of hearing about it. Parking the tank was no more meant to be a part of the game than the "quick switch" melee, the breaking down of the steel door by the survivors in no mercy, hitting people through walls with the tank, or the bullshit "pouncing through the safe-room door" hunter glitch people are now using (which will also earn you a ban, BTW). If that means that the tank has to run in straight to his death, then so be it, that's the luck of the draw.

There are far too many people here that are of the opinion that using any possible glitch/exploit is OK simply because they can. That's not the way we play here, and I'm nipping it in the bud right now. While I try to bring every possible decision I can to the community to try and get a consensus about the direction you guys think we need to go on everything I can, there are times when making decisions by committee simply leads to a divided debate about what we should and shouldn't allow.

With that in mind, the above exploits are out, period.

As far as I'm concerned....this community will set the standard when it comes to competitive play on organized servers. Frankly, if you can't win without using some kind of glitch, cheat, or exploit...this probably isn't the community for you in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.