1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Heroes Skin Pack

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Rogue, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Rogue

Rogue Guest

[​IMG]

Heres the tutorial on how to install your no-heroes skin pack in L4D. Let me say immediately, that the following will be your responsibility. If something goes wrong, or you fail to follow instructions, I will not be held responsible. Not to worry though. Should something go wrong, simply uninstall your game, remove any folders/files that associate with Left4Dead in your steam folder, and download and install your game again.

To make this tutorial as simple as possible, I have chosen to have you install all the textures instead of just one map on each character. The reason for this is, that otherwise you would have to download and install notepad++ and start editing code in L4D, and I figured Id spare you this. So, as a punishment for making this simpler on all, the file size is 54mb. It just couldnt be done differently.

Download this file:
    http://www.no-heroes.com/downloads/no-heroes.zip

• 1. First thing, exit Steam completely. If you dont, any files you over-write, will become corrupt and your game will not work correctly. So, make sure Steam is not running what so ever.

2. Go to Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead. In this folder, you will find two files named: pak01_dir.vpk and whitelist.cfg. You need to backup these two files, in case you want to go back to the original skins, so copy these two files anywhere you want, for example, to the desktop.

3. Now, unzip the file you have downloaded. In here you will find a folder called survivors and two other files, whitelist.cfg and pak01_dir.vpk.

4. Now go to Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead. Put the whitelist.cfg and the pak01_dir.vpk files in here. Just overwrite the files, since you have backed them up elsewhere.

5. Now go to Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\materials\models and put the entire survivor folder in there.

6. Now start up steam, create a game, and enjoy :D

Should you want to go back to the original skins, simply exit Steam completely, remove the survivor folder in Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\materials\models and replace the whitelist.cfg and pak01_dir.vpk with your original backed up files.

2. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

Really awesome work! Thank you so much for putting your time and skillz into doing this for everyone. I'm rolling with the Rogue skins.

3. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

As am I:

[​IMG]

Holy Crap - how cool is that!?!

Truly above and beyond, Rogue. Absolutely awesome work!

Savage Claus is going to have to do something nice for you this year :cool:

4. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Thanks guys :D

5. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

We should atleast get teh poster on our NH servers.

I am stunned how great all these look. very jealous of your skills... THANKS ROGUE!

6. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

Just sexy!

7. Bapetacular

Bapetacular New Member

Damn, louis looks bad-ass!

8. PandaKnight

PandaKnight New Member

The Skin Pack looks awesome. I have a small issue though. I installed the skin pack fine, the game loads it fine. The players load up fine, and i can look around and see the new skin on them. But as soon as i start playing it, the game just dies on me. If anyone has any idea why this might happen.

I'm gonna try restore the org files again and install skin pack again and see what happens. [yes i did shut down steam completely :| ]

Again awesome skin pack.

9. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

Wow, this thread is a month old and you revived it. :evil:

Still love the skins Rogue!!!

10. killerz

killerz New Member

Well, if you view the forums (like I do) by clicking the new posts since last visit button it will show up again on the list. So technically it "revives" it in that sense.

11. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

No. A stickied thread remains active and does not suffer from summoning sickness.

Sticky Thread has Haste, Trample, Flying, Flanking, Vigilance, Protection from all colors and artifacts.

12. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Resistance +255?

13. PandaKnight

PandaKnight New Member

Agility +150
    Dexterity +200
    Awesomeness +500

14. boo

boo Guest

But no protection from deletion.

15. SteakNCheese

SteakNCheese New Member

These skin packs are for local client only? Im guessing that unless the server has these skin packs that no one else will see them?

16. PandaKnight

PandaKnight New Member

All the more pleasure for yourself :grin:.

17. DarkCarnival

DarkCarnival New Member

Thanks Rogue !! :mrgreen:
    I'm rollin No_Heros :twisted:

18. TheChaosOfX

TheChaosOfX New Member

-straps a defibrillator to the post-

~zap

Hey! um...so on the NH L4D servers are these skins uploaded from the server for the viewing pleasure of all who partake in the wonderful servers?

You can die again after you answer this, promise.

19. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

Nope, as far as I know there are no servers that "serve" custom content yet. The matchmaking update will allow servers to host games on custom maps whenever that rolls out. I would assume people will host other custom things such as sounds when this happens, but I'm not sure about skins.

20. TG Link

TG Link New Member

All this did was make my game Crash when entering a game D:
    And yes, I know how to read, I'm not blind, so I followed the instructions