1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Heroes server adder?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Arth Vader, May 31, 2009.

1. Arth Vader

Arth Vader New Member

So I had an idea for a quick script that would add all of the NH servers to your Steam favorites list instead of hunting them all down from Steam's server browser.

Is this doable/easy?

2. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

You can add servers to your favorites from steam when you aren't in a game. This might save some time. Right click your steam icon and choose servers. Bring up the NH main page and start typing. You can add the servers for each game we support and they will be ready for you in your server browser when you launch the game itself. Also a nice way of launching the game directly in to a specific server.

It seems steam keeps your favorites for all source games in a single file somewhere. Find that file, and you may be closer to building a script to append the servers to it.

3. chardos

chardos New Member

I just added them by hand from the list at no-heroes.com. Takes a little bit, but you only have to do it once!

4. SniperNoSniping

SniperNoSniping No Heroes VIP
    VIP

Ahh neat trick thanks

5. Spectro

Spectro New Member

There's an even faster way, but Steam crashes when you copy and paste a server into the add favorites box. :/

6. SniperNoSniping

SniperNoSniping No Heroes VIP
    VIP

ive pasted into the favorites no problem?

7. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Mine hasn't done that before and didn't when I added the UK servers to my favorites. For some reason I had to "add server", (enter the server ip), and then "find games at this server" (or whatever it says), then when the server appears in the box below I clicked and added it to my favorites. Weird, but it worked.