1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Heroes, Meet the Admins.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aix, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

[​IMG]

It's been more than two years since I created this thread and now that Team Fortress 2 is free to play I expect that we'll see a lot of new faces around here! Whether you're new to our servers, or if this is just the first time you've come to the forums, this is your opportunity to meet our team of admins.

I'm Aix (sounds like "aches"), and that yellow-colored name means that I'm a Senior Admin here at No Heroes. You can find me on the NH servers at varying hours of the day/night, sometimes seeding in the mornings, sometimes playing late into the night. When I'm not playing games chances are good that I am browsing our forums. When I'm not browsing the forums there's a good chance that I'm building computers: I'm a computer hardware enthusiast and I like to put that hardware to good use by contributing to the No Heroes Folding@Home Team. Take a look at our team and please consider contributing to the project!

My favorite servers are Warpath Elite, CP Paradise, CTF Heaven, and I was known to dabble in payload Race once upon a time. I main Demoman now but I started out by playing 100+ hours as a Medic, which is something I really recommend to newer players of the game: your team will love you (once you figure out what to do and what not to do) and you will observe how other players play the various classes. Any VIPs interested can check out my Medic Guide in the Strategy Guide section (there's a few other nicely written guides in there too!).

If you see me in-game then feel free to say hello, and if you think you need an admin in-game then VIPs can feel free to use our exclusive "!callforhelp" feature, which alerts our admin corps that there is an issue in your game. As admins, we're here to make your games run smoothly, and we want No Heroes to continue to be the best place to play games. We're gamers too, after all, and we want the best gaming experience possible.

And now, No Heroes, meet the Admins...

• Like Like x 4
  2. motherboy xxx

motherboy xxx Head Admin
    Head Admin

Hi! I'm Motherboy XXX. I like to play pyro and burn people, mostly on warpath (especially from behind, so watch out!)

People say I have a Canadian accent, but I really don't. It's all you Americans that have the accents, eh?

I like rainbows and unicorns and sparkly things and I don't like mean people. :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

Good idea guys.
    I'm Zind, and my NH gaming time is fairly sporadic. Some weeks I'll play 2-4 hours a night, some weeks I MIGHT play for 30-60 minutes one night. Outside of that I can generally be found on some server between 8 and 3, afk-seeding from work via remote desktop.
    When I'm playing TF2 (which is less and less often these days), I'm usually on Warpath, and I'm usually a pyro or demo, but I'll go engy or medic should the team need one.
    I'm usually down for some Guild Wars 2 or Hawken fun, so feel free to add me to your Steam list.

I spend a lot of time here on the forums, as you'll probably notice as soon as you hit the General BS and/or Geek Speak sections.

Outside of NH the only multiplayer (video) game I play is EVE Online, plus some occasional DDO.

If I'm at my computer not doing anything, I always check on !callforhelp calls for help that I see, so I'll reiterate the rest of them, do not hesitate to use it.
    Thanks to VIPs for keeping us going, and thanks to the rest of you for giving us cannon fodder :2guns:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Juralis

Juralis Head Admin
    Head Admin

Hey, Juralis here!

I'm a sensitive Libra who enjoys lighting the world on fire, eating sandviches, and long walks with a bombcart. You'll generally find me on Warpath or payload extreme. My turn-ons include ubers, scoring headshots, and teams that communicate. My turn-offs are whiners, spies who backstab me, and when baby team has cart. So yeah, that's me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

Hello! I'm kief__catcher. I inhabit warpath mostly, but occasionally can be found on the payloads or ctf heaven. I'm a bad-ass medic, and I occasionally play demo and soldier as well. When I'm in top form, I rage with the best of them.
    all are welcome at all times, just use your mic, say hi, and remember to communicate!

• Like Like x 2
  6. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

I'm bclose. Take note, new people; no capital letters.

I've been here a long, long time. Unfortunately for my KDR, most of that time has been spent on the forums. In TF2 (since that's what most of you new people reading this are playing) I'll be a scout, soldier, or sniper. There's just something about the S classes. I'm usually silent, because I still haven't gotten a mic (shipping via Pony Express). I'll fire off a witty riposte if you taunt me via voice chat or in TeamSpeak - this will make everyone laugh. I will otherwise humiliate you, however, if I don't know who you are - this will make everyone collectively suck in their breath "Ooooh" and listen to your cries of anguish and falling tears. So, check your fire.

More importantly, I am a number of things to this community. I'll list them below: Actually, I don't have time to do that. So ask someone you like to play with what they think of me, that'll sort it out. If they don't know me, they've been doing something wrong...

• Like Like x 4
  7. Truckincowboy

Truckincowboy Head Admin
    Head Admin

Truckincowboy checking in..

I started playing Warpath I love that map on tf2.
    I am a over the road truck driver and yes i play from my truck.
    If I am not driving I am on the no-heroes servers.
    I also enjoy our Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers.
    I do also play on the l4d servers once and awhile with other no-heroes members.
    I am here to serve the no-heroes community so you see me in game and have a prob or question give me a shout.
    A shout out to all the VIP's ! thanks for your continued support of our great community :grin:

• Like Like x 4
  8. RugRat

RugRat Head Admin
    Head Admin

Hi...I'm RugRat. I am probably one of the older gamers on this site (not that I consider myself old). I joined the No Heroes community around November 2008 and have playing exclusively on the servers since then. When my friend originally told me he was contributing $4/month to play on servers - I was like why? There are 1000s of free servers available. Well, after playing on the NH's servers, I knew the answer. No griefing, no hacking, no mic spamming and best of all team work is encouraged. I have made many online friends whom I truly enjoy gaming with.

I like to play Pyro and Engie. As a Pryo, I try to get behind the other team and use my backburner to kill. You will also find me charging head on towards the enemy trying to light as many as possible before denying. I have been toying around with the demo/soldier recently, but that is usually because I am trying to take out something specific at the time. I mostly play the Payload Extreme server between 8 - 11pm, but have been involved with Insurgency too. (You really need to try out Insurgency, it does take more skill but there are plenty of people to help you with the maps) You will also find me helping to start the servers in the mornings which means sometimes I am wandering aimlessly around a map since I might not be as familiar with it.

I am proud of being selected as an admin. I'm looking forward to growing this community and keeping all of the servers "Douche" free.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Al-Truistic

Al-Truistic Head Admins
    Head Admin

My turn. I�m Al-Truistic, but you can call me Al. I am the old man of the admin group, weighing in at just over 50 years old. So there is hope for you punks now that you can still be doing this for many years to come.

I can be found playing just about anywhere, Warpath in the evenings with the big boys, or hanging out on Orange for some good times. I will play Soldier, Medic, Pyro or Engie depending on the need. You will never see me play as a Sniper.

Oh, and I have 3 daughters between the ages of 20 and 23, all lovely. NO I WILL NOT POST PICTURES!!!

I am sure you find the No Heroes server as well as the community a fine place to hang out, so pull out your favorite means of reducing the enemy to bits and enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. seeyouinhell

seeyouinhell Head Admin
    Head Admin

I'm SeeYouInHell, but you can call me See, Hell, or just Bill. I love TF2 and normally play on warpath but i have not been playing much due to L4D being a kick ass team play game. I'm one of the mellow admins and i don't yell that much. If you happen to see a spray with a skinny guy in a speedo, that would be me. Motherboy and Emily love it. :) Batman does too but he will not admit it in public.

Anyways, happy gaming and don't forget team work.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

I am Proven. Not "Pr-O-ven" but, "Proooo-ven." If you get it wrong I don't get upset, but I will laugh at you for not knowing how to read.

My name is my Marine Corps call sign and I am sure the story is on here somewhere, so I will save you the double post.

I am a sentimental person that tends to be really chatty if I get to know you. I only intervene when it is necessary and I like to check the police scanner (!callforhelp) as often as I can. The servers I frequent is all over the map in TF2. I really love all the No Heroes servers and it really just depends on my mood.

Other games I own but suck at: L4D, CS:S, Half-Life, sanctum, sup com, and Warpath.

I love gaming for the release (what Marine doesn't like seeing blood...gore...and EXSHPLOSHUNS!!!), but besides this I enjoy doing yard-work, carpentry/building shit, and I play in a flag football league. I have been to over 31 countries and I love to travel to new places! My ideal holiday is going someplace to just relax and wander around taking in the sights.

I am a father in reality and I take raising my child very seriously. I hope one day she will be proud of me.

So there you have it...

PS - I fucking love this community! I just checked back and I still love this community!

PPS - Still here. Still loving it and all the friends I have made!

• Like Like x 2
  12. SGT.HOUNT

SGT.HOUNT Server Admin
    Server Admin

I'm Sgt.Hount, but just call me Hount in game. Let me welcome you to the best TF2 servers on the planet. I'm an older gamer and have been playing games since the Magnavox Odyssey (google that one kids.) I stumbled on to our Warpath server last September and have been hanging around ever since. I'm one of the regulars on our Payload Extreme server and also play a little bit of everything else too. If you want to see top notch payload style combat come on over and hang out the with the big boys and girls most nights 8:00-11:00EST.

Look up in the upper right corner of this page, that's a link to our competition ladders. If you think you have mad gaming skills please sign up and join a team. Even better than that, get a group of friends together and start your own ladder team. The competition ladders has it's own section here on the forum, and if that doesn't answer your questions shoot me a PM. I'm on the Payload Pirates team and we have stupid amounts of fun talking like pirates and kicking ass.

• Like Like x 2
  13. sighmon

sighmon Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Full name is in my signature at the bottom. I'll respond to "sig" or "simon" or "hey you mute-boy...". I live in Ohio. Not much bothers me.

I hop on the TF2 servers in the AM to help get them rolling. Late nights I play me some L4D. I know most of the original ppl here from their Dig-days.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 4
  14. ToXic

ToXic Head Admin
    Head Admin

Hey all. Name is ToXic and have been here since the get go.

Mostly around on the weekends and Wednesday's, but hopefully more coming up since I 'procured' a laptop from work just a couple of days ago.

BIG fan of TF2. Mostly play on Warpath, but the Payload map would be my second favorite. L4D has most recently taken up most of my time lately.

I live in Orlando (college friends with Al-ay-nay-tor), and from what I hear from some others in the community I'm an alcoholic (functional).

Oh yeah, and in our part time myself and Skillzish are actual European models.

• Like Like x 2
  15. AegisTalons

AegisTalons Server Admin
    Server Admin

Hey guys. The name is AegisTalons. You can call me Aegis, Talons, or both. My real name is Alex and I live in Pittsburgh. I stumbled upon these servers I believe through the Ballon Race server just because it was completely different back around February. I just recently became an admin, so yea. Most of the time I play as an Engie, a Demo, a Pyro. Medic whenever I think we need a medic and don't have enough, and occasionally a sorry ass spy thats just there to annoy the hell out of the other team. Currently, I play a lot on Warpath and dustbowl, but occasionally I'll frequent some of the other servers.

As long as you're not being a douche and you are working together as a team, you got no problems from me. Hell I might even congratulate you for doing something right. You'll be caught off guard I bet. Good ol' positive reinforcement.

As for real life, I work 10 - 12+ hour days sometimes (including Saturdays :cry:) working as a Robotics Engineer :grin: for a few different projects, including Land Mine Detection and Demining (taking care of those pesky land mines). I got plenty of shrapnel in my office from different testing to constantly remind that in the field its no joke.

16. X-Men

X-Men Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Hello ... I'm X-Men.

I started playing on the No-Heroes servers in 2008. I started out by playing CTF Heaven exclusively. I then moved on to Payload maps. You will most likely see me on Payload Extreme nowadays but I tend to play on all of the servers.

I generally play Medic, Engineer, Pyro and Soldier.
    See you in-game.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Golfrichie

Golfrichie Server Admin
    Server Admin

Hello all! I am Golfrichie. Just call me Golf or Rich. I am originally from Philadelphia but I now live in Arlington, VA so I am still a die-hard Flyers and Phillies fan. I also support Manchester United and follow the European domestic leagues so if you want to talk soccer, hit me up.

Been playing on the No Heroes servers since June 09 and decided $4 a month was definitely worth it. Usually see me on the US Warpath server but I will also play on US Dustbowl and PropHunt. I play all the classes but usually play Engineer, Pyro, Medic, and Heavy. Besides playing TF2, I mostly play L4D2, Bad Company 2, the first Modern Warfare, Supreme Commander, and Warcraft 3. I'm originally a TFC junkie.

If you need an admin, add me to your friends list and hit me up if there's a problem or question. See you in game and lets kick some ass!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Renoob

Renoob Server Admins
    Server Admin

Hey All,

I'm Renoob. If you play Pipeline or Hightower at all, you'll see me in there. I'll probably be the one coordinating the win and wondering why the F everyone is playing defense when "They have NOTHING on our cart" :realmad:

People usually call me "Booner" when we're losing and "Renoob" when we're winning. Needless to say, I don't like to be called Booner so I make sure we win. :thumbsup:

PM me or use the Call for Help if there's anything I can do for you. I'm here for the same reason all of you are; I like NH and want to support the cause.

19. Avsstanley

Avsstanley Server Admin

I just realised that I had never posted in the "meet the admin" so, here I am!

Hi ... I am Avsstanley or just Stanley for short. I was chosen to be an admin a while back and had a hell of a time. I am usually assisting in morning seeding efforts and also play frequently on the Orange.

I am a father of 6 kids which usually keeps me very busy. I am also a boyscout leader with a local troop in Blue Springs , MO. I have a son who is monster swimmer ( look out Michael Phelps) and my daughters are into gymnastics.

I own a small computer manufacturing company and have been an electronic repair tech for almost 20 years.

I enjoy helping keep NH free from hackers and cheats as well as attempting to make the gaming experience a good one. I may not chat a lot but if I get a few drinks, that may chance things... :)

If there is anything I can do to help just send me a message!
    See you all in game!

20. sorklin

sorklin Head Admin
    Head Admin

Hi everyone. I'm Sorklin. I'm lucky that my job is such that I can seed in the morning-afternoon. So you can find me on whatever server we're trying to get going. When I play, I usually find my home on Orange (which I fought for in the Turf Wars), but I'm also really starting to take to Warpath (and its strong, team-oriented play style). I tend to play solly a lot, but find that I've started to play medic and demo a lot more.

If you need anything, just let me know. If you see me in game, say hello, and add me to your friends list. I have no problem receiving any chats, requests, etc.

See you in game and on the forums!

• Like Like x 4