1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Weapons

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by djmafia, May 22, 2009.

1. djmafia

djmafia Server Admin
    Server Admin

w00t...I have three force a' natures now....from sitting in spectator in arena lol. In better news, I have the ambassador and it rocks! :grin:

2. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

How did you get them sitting in spec?

3. djmafia

djmafia Server Admin
    Server Admin

I don't know. Abidingdude told me I unlocked something and I was in spectate. It was a force a' nature. ?? who knows?

4. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

acquiring new things happens in random at random times i have 2 sandwiches the kgb and a jar of piss, the piss jar is win btw

5. Emily

Emily Guest

That would explain why everyone got really mad when I joined and got the Cloak and Dagger within 3 minutes of playing.

6. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

hahah i really want the bow and arrow and the ambassador wish we could trade, 2 sandwiches for a giant gun lol

7. Cappabitch

Cappabitch New Member

Was playing 2fort for like 15 minutes.

Didn't get a fucking tap!

8. Capella

Capella New Member

So now it is a lottery. So the more you are on server, even as afk the more chance you have to unlock items, so now we are motivating people to be afk when they are busy elsewhere, what a great way to fill the servers, with non-playing people.

Is it me or do these people think through there releases? I guess for underpopulated servers they will have a field day, for busy servers it is just annoying to have a lot of afks grinding.

Capella

9. Cappabitch

Cappabitch New Member

I've been playing since my last post...

No items yet. And there are people sitting AFK getting shit like Dead Ringer easy.

10. LumpOfCole

LumpOfCole New Member

Forget a VIP Achievement server, let's get up a VIP AFK server to sit in while we're in bed or class or work. That's the way we get items now :-|

11. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

I played for about an hour and a half last night and then a good 45 minutes today...haven't gotten shit.

I seriously despise this new weapon unlock system. Way to fuck up the update I'VE been waiting for.

12. Chewy

Chewy New Member

A load of us just spent 45 mins in the VIP Achievement Server collecting achievements, and fuck all happened. I think out of 6 of us, two got new weapons. :roll:

Completely confusing and utterly pointless Valve.

13. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

Yeah, last night in the achievement server, we had about 10 of us playing in there, and 2 people got something(Cloak & Dagger and the Kritzkrieg).

Valve has really screwed the pooch on this new system.

14. djmafia

djmafia Server Admin
    Server Admin

You guys are just mad because you didn't get the ambassador yet. Muahahah! :twisted:

15. Yellowcake

Yellowcake Server Admin

There was a short blurb on Shacknews indicating that today Valve will have some info describing the new unlock system on the TF2 blog.

After about 2 hours of playing yesterday I got a single unlock (dead ringer). It came at the end of the map when I had the top score on the server. I was mostly playing medic, so I didn't get many kills or cause much damage. It could be coincidence, or it could mean that a high score might be rewarded with a better chance for an unlock. Yes, I'm extrapolating from one data-point...

So far the unlocks seem to be random, but I can't believe that Valve would make it completely random. I would hope that it is based on something that would promote better teamwork. I'm thinking that similar to how the crit system works (more damage = more crits), there may be one or more in-game events that will improve your chances of receiving an unlock. It could be tied to all of those performance stats that are normally tracked during a match (damage, lifetime, score) and/or completing map objectives (pushing cart, defending control points).

I certainly hope it's not based on "poor" performance as a way to help newer players get the new items. If so the servers are going to fill with AFK players sitting in spawn doing nothing.

16. Larfleeze

Larfleeze New Member

Can't believe all the crybaby "WE CANT GET THE EASIEST ACHIEVEMENTS!" people got Valve to change everything. It was perfect how it was, with maybe the order you were getting the weapons on other classes a bit off. First weapon was with 30% of the class achievements. And since those 30% are achievements that are able to be gotten within the first hour of playing the game, then there's nothing wrong. Move up to the next better weapon and you start to get some of the harder achievements. Finally you have your level 3 weapon where you have to, essentially, be a master of the class or an achievement server whore to get it.

But no, now people have to get random drops to win. I played for about 5 hours through various servers once the game was back up and only picked up 3 unlocks. 2 KBG's and the Scout bonk.

Gee valve, thanks.

17. Arth Vader

Arth Vader New Member

I was playing on CTF Heaven as spy and when I cloaked I got the dead ringer. I didn't get to keep it or use it, it just showed up in my hand for some reason. I like the idea behind the new system, but getting old stuff and the chance to never get the new stuff is kinda annoying.

18. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

If you seriously don't have to do anything for them I have a feeling I'll probably just leave myself up on some random empty pub server while I sleep.

This is a pretty much stupid system. Even some seemingly easy changes would improve it TONS, such removing already-owned items from a player's chances.

19. Theo

Theo New Member

You could always host your own server for just you

20. John Stamos

John Stamos New Member

They have successfully made the game almost pointless to play -

1. no reason to do achievements since they don't unlock anything and they are a big waste of time

2. waste of money on all the electricity i use sitting afk in some server

3. and in the end even if I do get the "amazing new weapons" its hours more time playing a game with no real value. "points are a joke"

of course I'm ranting cause all i got was a another Kritskrieg, and I did earn the first one with blood sweat and tears ..... not randomly