1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Map Monday! (6-1-09)

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Savage, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

"New Map Monday"

The first Monday of each month, we add at least one new map to each of the servers that carries multiple/custom maps. Some of these maps may still be in alpha/beta stages of development, but all have been screened for initial quality, and deemed fit for No Heroes players to evaluate.

SO...this month's additions are as follows:

CTF HEAVEN

Map: CTF SteamRoll:
    View attachment 549
    Objective: Capture The Enemy Intelligence

Gameplay: 2 very small bases facing each other. Teams have 90 seconds to capture the enemy Intelligence. If a player dies he is sent to his teams spectator room where he must wait until the next round. The first team to capture the intelligence wins the round. The entire losing team is then steamrolled by a train as punishment. The first team the capture the intell 10 times, wins.

Map: CTF Skybase (Beta 1):
    View attachment 550

This is a capture the flag map in the setting of a floating sky base. There are two main directional routes and the map is mirrored so learning it isn't going to be a problem.

Map: CTF Orient (Alpha 2):
    View attachment 551

Red and BLu build bases somewhere in the mysterious hidden mountains of the far east. Of course they are once again after each others intel.

PAYLOAD EXTREME
    Map: PL Borax (Beta 2):
    View attachment 552

Borax is pretty much just rocks. Rock, rock rock. Rocks everywhere! Push the cart through the checkpoints until the last one. The last point is the rocket. This is your objective. Destroy it or loose. With the help of the powerful fan under the rocket the barrel cart flies up and hits the rocket. Nifty eh?

Capture all points as attacker before the times runs out.

ARENA
    Map: Arena Coalmine (Beta 1):
    View attachment 554

This still-in-development arena map brings a polished visual style centered around the usual fast-paced action of Arena.

As always, all the above maps have been compressed and uploaded to our dedicated fast-download server. In addition, all the above maps are live on the servers RIGHT NOW.

ENJOY!

Attached Files:

2. Muscles O Draves

Muscles O Draves Active Member

Yeah, I saw Borax on TF2maps.net, and it looks fucking sweet.

3. Guest

I have to say, kudos on adding Borax to PE, it's one of the better maps the server now offers.

Now if we could just try out the new Zig...still saddened about the kinks needed to be worked out with Cashworks :/

4. prinny

prinny New Member

would it be alright if the next new map monday, us the players would choose the map and vote for which could be added into the server?

5. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

No - sorry, but my in-box is already filled everyday with people telling me how we should be running our servers. If I listened to everyone's different opinion, we'd have a whole hell of alot of empty servers right now. You guys all just have to trust that I can sniff out some decent maps.

6. Txninja

Txninja New Member

In Savage we trust, and great job with No Heroes keep it up

7. prinny

prinny New Member

oh okay, thats fine. i was just wondering.