1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New invitee

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by digitaldemon, Apr 17, 2009.

1. digitaldemon

digitaldemon Well-Known Member

I got an invite on Steam, so I guess someone I played TF2 with recently thought I was halfway decent. :grin: You all seem to have a great setup here...very professional and organized. My current clan (I know this isn't a clan) doesn't do much of anything, so it's cool to see a group of people so dedicated to playing games and having fun while doing it. I see you've got L4D servers too, I've got it but haven't been playing much lately...the dickheads and votekick spammers have been taking the fun out of it.

One question...can I play on your servers before I donate? Or do I have to donate first? I'd like to get a chance to meet some of my potential new teammates before I obligate myself to anything. I see your servers are in DC...I'm in Florida, so to have a consistent group of like-minded people to play with on servers so close would be very cool.

Anyway, thanks for the invite...whoever sent it. :mrgreen: Maybe I'll be playing with you all soon.

2. Muscles O Draves

Muscles O Draves Active Member

You are more than welcome to play on our servers!

The $4 a month will get you all kinds of perks to make your experience with No Heroes all the better.

Here is a page with info on what you get with the donation.
    http://www.no-heroes.com/donations2.html

Hope to see you around!

3. digitaldemon

Yeah, I actually read that already...just noticed the L4D servers were private and didn't know if it applied to the TF2 servers as well.

The private L4D servers are what has got me the most interested. I don't know why, but there are so many lame people playing that game. It would be nice to have a dedicated set of servers to play on (with great pings to boot) and not have to worry about getting screamed at or votekicked for the slightest transgression.

I'm definitely gonna hop on your TF2 servers. See you there, maybe. :cool:

4. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

I know what you mean, Digital; I only play L4D with people I know personally or through the community. I actually haven't played on our No Heroes L4D servers yet because the NH TF2 servers got me addicted to TF2 again and I haven't bothered to play anything else!

TF2 is one thing when it's 16-on-16 but L4D is more personal to me, requiring much better communication and I have no desire to play it with random douchebags.

Oh, and welcome to No Heroes! Beware that NH-quality servers may make your games less fun if you play them elsewhere... :twisted:

5. digitaldemon

I just got done playing some TF2 on one of the servers. :mrgreen:

You're right about L4D...it is much more personal and that makes a huge difference when it comes to teamwork. I am desperately searching for a small, tight-knit community of rational people to play with and learn from. I'm no pro, but I'm alright and want to get better. My "clan" (we are a clan in name only, we never actually play anything together) rented a server, but it's pub most of the time, so that does me no good.

6. GlaDOS V1.09

GlaDOS V1.09 New Member

Add me to your steam friends, and I will invite you to a l4d game on the NH servers. This way you will get to see whats its like :D

7. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Salutations to you, good sir.

8. RugRat

RugRat Head Admin
    Head Admin

Welcome. I am sure you will enjoy playing on the servers. There are a lot of us who flock to certain servers consistently so you will find yourself playing with the same people. For me, I love the payload extreme servers. In any case, you should get the rest of your friends to check out the site and the servers. Then you can form a team on one of our ladders. TF2 had a 6vs6 and a 10vs10 ladder. Enjoy!!

9. digitaldemon

Thanks for the greets. :cool:

I would love to get a team of my friends going, but unfortunately I'm the only one I know that even plays TF2. :-| I'm trying to talk my brother into playing, but he's too wrapped up in other games. I'm far from ready for competition, but I'd be interested in it in the near future for sure.

And what you said about playing with the same people regularly is exactly what I'm looking for. I thought that's what joining a clan was all about, but my current clan seems to be content to call themselves a clan, but not actually do anything associated with being a clan. Either way, I've got a feeling I'm gonna like this setup a lot better.

10. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

You lie. After playing here, you're better than everyone else, which makes it more fun! :grin:

11. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Guest

IT'S A TRAP!!!!

12. digitaldemon

Haha...one I plan on falling for. :wink:

About to play some TF2 if anyone is interested. :grin:

13. GlaDOS V1.09

GlaDOS V1.09 New Member

LIAR!!!

I WILL BAN UR ASS!

14. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

Glados is a trap? :eek:

15. Dustbunny

Dustbunny New Member

[blink]*USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST*[/blink]
    Welcome to NH!

16. Truckincowboy

Truckincowboy Head Admin
    Head Admin

welcome to no-heroes man.
    I would suggest the $4 a month donation.
    As for the l4d servers they are great and our players on them are serious about the game.
    Making them private helps on that front but like Glados said you can always be invited and be able to get on them.

17. digitaldemon

I definitely plan on checking it out. Being able to play L4D in peace will make that $4 a month worth it.

18. Talirand

Talirand New Member

if your looking for serious L4D, you came to the right place. I actually dont play it very often because the people here kick my ass so bad everytime. i stick with TF2 for the most part. but we have plenty of hardcore zombie shooters here. :twisted:

also, you can use the VIP call for help system on our servers, and there is almost ALWAYS and admin ready and willing to help you stop some douchbag from ruining your game. and our ventrilo server has become quite the hit. you get access to that as well with VIP membership. admins hang out there too.

p.s. you will find some great metal heads here too.... View attachment 290
    hail satan

Attached Files:

19. digitaldemon

Well, I wouldn't say I'm looking for "serious" L4D players, just not the usual assholes that like to scream at people and votekick them for doing one thing they don't like. I just got it about 2 months ago and due to technical difficulties and life haven't got to learn a lot of the subtleties yet. I can hold my own, but am really looking for sane, reasonable people to learn from without getting called a "stupid n00b" 10 times a minute.

And it's good to know there are fellow metalheads in our midst. :twisted:

20. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

You might be interested to know that only VIPs can initiate a votekick on our L4D servers :cool: