1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and improved warpath is now LIVE

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Savage, May 18, 2009.

1. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

The new "Warpath Elite" map is now live on the server. Everyone needs to thank Darth for his quick work in fixing the couple of recent exploits that were unbalancing the map.

Building in the center spawn is no longer possible, and a team will receive a cool little warning message when the wood wall in the enemy's tunnel is being/has been broken. I've already added a plugin to my "to-do" list that will name and shame the player that breaks the wood wall. it's low priority, but I'll get to it eventually.

Other than that, the remaining "quirks" of original warpath that we all know and love remain unchanged.

2. motherboy xxx

motherboy xxx Head Admin
    Head Admin

YAY!!!! That's wonderful! I will come play asap!

I assume this means my name suggestion has lost, eh? Too bad. Sprinkle Sparkle McWarpath would have been an awesome map to play on. :)

3. killerz

killerz New Member

Awesome. I requested this in the other thread, glad it is already being considered! I think this will be a great addition. Thanks to everyone involved in making this community what it is!

4. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

Great job, thank you for you hard work and dedication Darth.

5. Double Ds

Double Ds New Member

can't wait to hit up the map later tonight. but for now..time to study :-|

6. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Lol, somebody must have been testing it out because I played for a couple of HOURS earlier and the walls were broken when I got there! :lol: People are going to break the wood walls just to hear the new sounds!

Thanks, Darth!

7. wrestling396

wrestling396 VIP Supporter
    VIP

Nice job Darth on the new map addtions

8. Darth Cyrax

Darth Cyrax New Member

Thanks everybody.

Aix: It's actually just a visual message that appears in the hud, but you have given me an idea! Next time Warpath needs an upgrade maybe I'll find the sound file for the announcer so that when the wall breaks they can hear a blazing loud "YOU FAIL!"

9. King

King Guest

I can't hear anything when the wall broke down last time I play. Also I'm curious about the message is displayed on the screen. All I can see is "something something FUCKTARD something something." I don't really want to be a dick and broke the wall down just to find out, so can you give me a hint? :cool:

10. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Garoun (BlazeWolfe) Server Admin
    Server Admin

Once you've downloaded the version on the No Heroes server I assume you should be able to load up a local version of the map without connecting to the server and break the wall to your content :).

11. misterpickles69

misterpickles69 Server Admins
    Server Admin

Is there a way to insta-kick someone who broke the wood wall? That would be funny and get the point across.

(clan)blahblahblah was kicked from console (you broke the wood wall, fucktard!)