Mic soft only in L4D

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by A. Bettik, Mar 23, 2009.

1. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

People have been telling me that my mic is very soft in L4D. I get no complaints in TF2 or any other source game. When testing my mic in the audio settings it does indeed sound pretty soft. Also, I've noticed that moving the slider for my voice transmit volume in the game's settings does absolutely nothing to affect the volume; neither does turning on or off mic boost.

Xabu told me that L4D uses "steam's voice settings" when in lobby chat. Not sure if that is true for in-game as well, but it never seemed like it. If anyone knows of any cfg editing or something that I can do to remedy this I'd appreciate it. I can't very well turn up my mic specifically for L4D and turn it back down every time I'm through. I doubt people on vent would appreciate that.

2. stock

stock New Member

This sounds really dumb, but make sure its plugged in ALL the way, not just most. It might simply not have a solid connection. Also, mic boost should definitely be on. That its L4D specific is weird, keep me updated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice