1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left 4 Dead Update 3/11/09

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Batman, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Guest

This is quite a big update. we'll see how things play out in versus now.

2. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

Shiny. Bit of a lean towards infected, but I usually did worse as them anyhow, so that's probably for the best.

3. Xabu

Xabu Guest

Good fixes, particularly for the Smoker. Also a nice change to make the high scoring team go Survivor first by default.

Some people might hate the tank changes but quite frankly from my experience the tank was too weak against T2 weapons and clumping up to waste him while he barely damaged one survivor was silly.

Also nice to see Boomer explosions finally being omni-directional. Will need to see what flaming Hunter damage was reduced to, it probably was too high.

4. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

Yeah, when one flaming hunter pounce boosts your score almost as much as a good boomer vomit it might be a bit excessive.

5. boomdead

boomdead New Member

Is there an ETA on when the servers will be upgraded to the new version?

6. sighmon

sighmon Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

smoking thru the zombies seems like a nice bump

7. Amakiir

Amakiir New Member

I don't get why fire pounces were nerfed, honestly. If you look at the way fire damage works, it only comes into effect when you have a damage bonus over x5. A pounce x1 = 1 damage, x2=6, x3=11, x4=16, x5=21, x6=26. When you are on fire (prepatch) the damage was x1=1, x2=6, x3=12, x4=17, x5=22, x6=30. All the fire did was make your damage go up steadily instead of with the modifier. So if you were just about to have x5, but were knocked off a fraction of a second before it hit x5, x4 damage would do one less than x5 damage so youd do 20 instead of 21. That was the benefit of fire, and it was extremely rare for that to happen. Under the new rules damage is like this: x1=1, x2=6, x3=11, x4=16, x5=22, x6=27. Big whoop. The 'nerf' does nothing for a normal situation, it only reduces damage when you have huge pounce modifiers, which only happen when the survivor either makes a mistake or his team sucks.

8. Muscles O Draves

Muscles O Draves Active Member

I'm excited! I like it when Valve releases these fairly big updates out of the blue. (eg. Lvl 3 dispensers and teles)

I can't wait to try it out.

9. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

Unless you play on a private server, I suggest you don't play in any pubs. The lag would start out playable(pings in the 100's), than as soon as a horde would come, Pings hit the 2000's.

Wait for a patch to fix the patch.

10. Valcron

Valcron New Member

I approve the multi-hit for tanks on so many levels.

No more corner camping for tanks ever.

11. wrathofbong

wrathofbong New Member

I don't remember, did the rock throw always hit multiple targets?

12. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

I've only ever seen the rock hit one person as well. I think that still only hits one person.

13. wrathofbong

wrathofbong New Member

That's what I thought, you would think a large chunk of asphalt would be a little more destructive than making it look like a rug was pulled out from under one guy.

14. Guest

They've just updated L4D again with a couple of fixes - amongst them was the tank now being able to hit multiple targets (I assume they pulled a traditional Valve and broke it in the patch).