1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left 4 Dead Team-based Versus Matchmaking, SDK Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Savage, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57987

2. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

THIS, is what has frustrated me about L4D. The game has a pretty tall learning curve when it comes to "Versus" and I want to play with a good team to help me learn rather than a bunch of PU idiots that scream...SCREAM...into the mic every few seconds. I hope this new mode will help. I wish that I could browse servers for this game like I can for other Steam games.

3. seeyouinhell

seeyouinhell Head Admin
    Head Admin

Proven, this will not help people find other people to play with. It will allow teams to find other teams. That way you don't get 20 random people rage quitting during a match. But getting an entire team to rage quit, now that is something to strive for.

4. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

That's what I meant. If four of us get together and are looking for four others to go against rather than me just wandering around looking for lobbies. I might not be explaining it right, but I have a dream!

5. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

This is essentially valve's solution to the ragequit problem. People have been very vocal to valve about the inability to play a complete game from start to finish with public players. While this won't completely fix the problem, it will at least (if it works, that is) allow four people to setup a game with four other people who hopefully won't team kill/suicide/ragequit.

6. Do Work Son

Do Work Son New Member

This will actually help me want to play this game. I'm not good but I'm no quitter either.

7. sighmon

sighmon Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

"revisiting" their versus matchmaking code seems like a euphamism to me. the whole buggy lobby matchmaking process is a cluster.

and i didn't even realize they tried matching players up by skill. pubbing, there is always a lone idiot who wants to ninja sprint the first level and complain when the rest of us stop to help each other or pick up a molly.

8. Amakiir

Amakiir New Member

I hope they are smart enough to force a person download a campaign before they start instead of downloading map by map..