Left 4 Dead DLC Details

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by -, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Guest

Among the additions of making Death Toll and Dead Air available for versus play, the 'Survival' mode seems to be getting the most attention - and for good reason. Valve seems to be trying to seperate the "men from the boys", for lack of a better analogy. Officially announced additions for the DLC include:

• [*:3ez62kin]Death Toll and Dead Air for versus play;
      [*:3ez62kin]Support for the Source SDK and custom works by fans;
      [*:3ez62kin]Survival mode in 16 maps based on the current campaigns, and Lighthouse - a new map for this mode;
      [*:3ez62kin]New lines of dialogue but no new weaponry;
      [*:3ez62kin]New achievements for PC users (assumingly, as they stated there would be "no new achievements for 360 users" but did not mention PC users);
    The survival mode, as you can see from the videos here contains a timer recording how long your team is able to withstand the onslaught of the horde - but it's not that simple. According to comments when the DLC was revealed, you could encounter three smokers and a boomer, or even multiple tanks; and as has been seen in the videos on IGN, the hordes can trigger while you're attempting to fight off a tank.

The new mode sounds like tons of fun for those whom are tired of the predictability of the campaigns and wish to extend their interest in the game. I can't wait to see what additions they add which haven't been mentioned.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

^^^ Good to see an official announcement that the SDK will be released with this DLC. NOW we're talking!

3. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

cant wait for some good fan made content

4. Muscles O Draves

Muscles O Draves Active Member

I'm going to try and make a map of my college campus. If I pull it off, it should be super sweet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice