1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left 4 Dead DLC Details

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by -, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Guest

Among the additions of making Death Toll and Dead Air available for versus play, the 'Survival' mode seems to be getting the most attention - and for good reason. Valve seems to be trying to seperate the "men from the boys", for lack of a better analogy. Officially announced additions for the DLC include:

• [*:3ez62kin]Death Toll and Dead Air for versus play;
      [*:3ez62kin]Support for the Source SDK and custom works by fans;
      [*:3ez62kin]Survival mode in 16 maps based on the current campaigns, and Lighthouse - a new map for this mode;
      [*:3ez62kin]New lines of dialogue but no new weaponry;
      [*:3ez62kin]New achievements for PC users (assumingly, as they stated there would be "no new achievements for 360 users" but did not mention PC users);
    The survival mode, as you can see from the videos here contains a timer recording how long your team is able to withstand the onslaught of the horde - but it's not that simple. According to comments when the DLC was revealed, you could encounter three smokers and a boomer, or even multiple tanks; and as has been seen in the videos on IGN, the hordes can trigger while you're attempting to fight off a tank.

The new mode sounds like tons of fun for those whom are tired of the predictability of the campaigns and wish to extend their interest in the game. I can't wait to see what additions they add which haven't been mentioned.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

^^^ Good to see an official announcement that the SDK will be released with this DLC. NOW we're talking!

3. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

cant wait for some good fan made content

4. Muscles O Draves

Muscles O Draves Active Member

I'm going to try and make a map of my college campus. If I pull it off, it should be super sweet.