1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left 4 Dead DLC Detailed: Survival Mode for 12 Maps

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Savage, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

2. Xabu

Xabu Guest

I'm hoping it's more than a randomly assigned Crescendo event and seeing how long you can spam shove/aim with dual pistols. I was actually hoping for a few single, long stages (instead of broken into parts) that allowed survivor respawns but at a strict penalty to your score.

3. Batman

Batman Guest

I think it depends on where we're fighting. Obviously if we have access to a closet or small room with one entrance it's going to suck. But if these maps are wide open where we can't put our backs to something it might actually be worth it.

4. GlaDOS V1.09

GlaDOS V1.09 New Member

o0o0ooo........ no.

:/

5. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Blood Harvest with only the woods and more zombies? :roll:

6. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

The wordage there was slightly ambiguous. I'm wondering if they mean a 12 map campaign or 12 different maps that you can choose to play. And if it's the latter, which sounds more likely IMO, will they just be various maps from the existing 4 campaigns or will they be all new maps. Again, let's hope for the latter, although I doubt it.

7. Amakiir

Amakiir New Member

I don't know how. Or where to start. Or anything. But I will promise you. I WILL make a new mode for L4D. It WILL be epic.

8. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

They're losing my interest...

9. Guest

I must be one of the few whom are actually really excited for this DLC. Left 4 Dead was the game which got me into TF2 and other Source games (bar Half-Life; I never could get into that). Seeing the fact that they're actively working on new content to extend the gameplay experience makes me glad that I was talked into getting the PC version by my friends, rather than the XBox 360 version which I originally planned to get.

The survival mode should be expanded to allow multiplayer as well though (eight player like versus). It'd be awesome to fight against a non-stop assault from both infected and player-controlled special infected.

10. Brock Samson

Brock Samson New Member

Idk, sounds pretty boring to me. Even if you were out in the open, that would get old fast.