1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L4D Servers Upgraded

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Savage, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Since we are now considered a "preferred customer" by our server host, I was able to get a deal on the newest Q9400-based servers they have just released.

So...in anticipation of the new L4D update due to be released in 3 weeks or so, our first physical server (which houses the L4D servers) has been upgraded from a 2.4 Ghz Q6600 quad core to a 2.66 Ghz Q9400 quad core. In addition, I was able to double to memory from 4GB to 8Gb for the same price we were paying before, which should give us even more "breathing room" for L4D.

Since I insured from day one that all of our game server I.P. addresses were "portable", the transition was seamless, and nothing needs to change on your end.

All the TF2 servers will undergo a similar upgrade in the coming 7-10 days or so (which again will be seamless, as no I.P.'s will change, and servers will only be down for an hour or less). It's not a huge jump in processor speed, but I'll take every little increase in performance we can get for the same price :wink:

2. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Nice.

Thanks Savage :smile:

3. Guest

It'll definitely make the stable servers even better for competitive gameplay. :)

4. Xabu

Xabu Guest

Preferred customer sounds sexy. Here's to hoping they sent you some towels/coffee mugs as thanks!

5. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Free RAM.

6. Alanator

Alanator New Member

Awesome. 45nm frostiness. New hardware, same great lag free bukkake. :grin:

7. USPHS Rx

USPHS Rx New Member

Thanks for everything you're doing to make No Heroes the best gaming community around!

8. Bad Bad Leroy

Bad Bad Leroy New Member

The processors should perform about equally, but the double ram should really help if multiple servers are housed on one box :)