1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L4D Server Question

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by -, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Guest

If TF2 has a feature to rick-roll the other team when the win is clocked in under five minutes, would it be possible to implement a feature in the L4D servers to rick-roll? The survivors could technically rick-roll the infected if they made it to the end with an ample amount of health and a few medkits, and the infected could if they take down all of the survivors in under a specific time limit.

2. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Sure, I could do that....but I think L4d is an entirely different kind of game, and adding something like that would detract from the "Survival Horror" experience. In fact, I've gone out of my way to keep the experience as close to "stock" as possible, despite everything I've added. I even changed the stats system so they do not display during the match, so as to keep the chat spam down to a minimum. Also, in-game ads that plug our VIP Benefits and Ladder system are configured to only be shown to non-VIP's, for the very same reason.

Having said that, I still plan on launching a couple of private "L4D Extreme" servers in the coming months, which will be configured to throw as much at the survivors as possible, so I might add some interesting stuff to those.

3. Guest

Ah yeah, I can see where you're coming from regarding that - I'm quite glad that you've opted to not display the points in the chat area (but could you explain how many points killing regular infected and each special infected gives? I'm curious how the point system is set up.). It does retain the survival aspect of the game much better than what it would if it were being spammed with messages.

That said, are the ads the ones that popup in the chat box or in the box in the middle of the screen (kind of like the subtitle support)?

4. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Chatbox.