1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***L4D 1 & 2 VIP SERVER ACCESS INFO VERSION 3***

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by seeyouinhell, Feb 17, 2009.

1. seeyouinhell

seeyouinhell Head Admin
    Head Admin

[blink] L4D 1 & 2 SERVER ACCESS INFO [/blink]

This system will make sure you are ALWAYS playing on one of our servers, it will ALSO allow you to open it up to the public (via the "permissions" tab in the lobby) if you need help filling up a server and not enough VIP's are around. Also allows you to make changes to your config while playing L4D with out the changes being lost.

SO...here's what you need to do (you only have to do this ONCE):

1. On your computer, navigate to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\cfg for L4D1, or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\cfg for L4D2.

2. Save this autoexec.zip into the cfg dir above.

http://www.no-heroes.com/downloads/L4D2-autoexec.zip (UPDATED 11-17-09)

3. Extract the autoexec.cfg file into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\cfg\ The directory should look like this with the file.

[​IMG]

3. Open the autoexec.cfg file in a text editor and make sure sv_search_key "myzombiestripper" is at the top.

4. Now right-click the file (config.cfg), click "properties", and [blink]uncheck[/blink] the box that says "Read-only". Click Apply & OK.

[​IMG]

4. That's it! You can now use your L4D client as you normally would, and the matchmaker will always connect you with one of our servers!

EDIT: To make this work, when you create a lobby, make sure you use the 'Play with Friends" option. You can then open it up to the public if necessary.

FAQ:

Q: I don't see our servers in the "Steam Group" option anymore.

A: ...and you won't. That option opened our servers to all 30,000+ of our steam group members. This way, our servers will only appear to people who know our unique "search key".

Q: How do I allow people who are not VIP's or Admins to play on our servers if I need to?

A: Simple. Create a lobby as you normally would, and in the permissions tab, click "Public game":

[​IMG]

Q: If I allow the public onto the server, won't they be allowed to find it again?

A: Nope. Our unique searchkey only allow clients with that exact searchkey set in their client to be placed into our server by the matchmaking system...UNLESS the server is opened to the public by the person who created the lobby.

2. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

UPDATED WITH NEW SEARCHKEY/AUTOEXEC.CFG FILE.