1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Orange I Love...

Discussion in 'General BS No One Cares About But You' started by djsartre, Mar 30, 2009.

1. djsartre

djsartre New Member

In Orange I love...

1) The group of core guys and possibly girls I play with. Always a blast. No matter what team one of them is on Its fun just to play with them.

2) The feeling of excitement when trying to cap the final point and screaming "Everyone On The Point!" and then it gets almost there and... "noooo! get back on it." lol. Or even the excitement of defending your last cap. Its madness. Heavys everywhere. Scouts all over. Sentry's Blasting, Pyros flaming. What a rush.

3) Dominating snipers who are the point whores everyone talks about lol. Just hit ,9 and go stab yourself that guy. 6 or 7 times. Hell think twice about point whoring again. haha. or tell the uber spy shadow GO KILL THAT GD SNIPER!!!! ha!

4) The fact that you can kind of goof off for a while and just enjoy the silliness of the map, or you can really try to win and let me tell you to win that map takes a really good team.

5) All the great places to put a sentry. Dispenser. And then having Fozzie bounce over like nothing and OMG no more stuff! hehe. Al can vouch for that. It was like hey Al. yes Dj. Its Fozzie...(long pause)... crap... sigh... LOL!

6) The day I was capping blues 2nd point and a Red pipe bomb clinked 3 times in front of my face ever so gently then blew up! Only to find out it was smack. It was just weird the way it seemed to fall from the heavens.

7) Shadowstorms never ending efforts to build in the enemy spawn. lol.

8) Al's and my days of pwnage as engineers. It was nice to know you were watching my back man.

9) Xpnt-11 The first day I met him I knew he would be a reg. He was talking in that certain way he does. Talking about the roof and what not. He motivated the team that day to victory.

10) Spy as Douchebag! LMAO! speaks for itself.

11) jclay... well he owns me. BUT I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! :cool:

The list could go on and on. Anyone else with fond memories of orange? :smile: Ill post more later But I gots to go to bed.

2. Al-Truistic

Al-Truistic Head Admins
    Head Admin

Thanks for posting dj, I couldnt agree more.

I take umbrage at those that call Orange map players stat whores.

Perhaps the difference on Orange is the pacing. Generally you cant just run to the next point and cap it. It has to be supported and defended.

I am sure you know as it happens frequently that if you cap point 4 early and try to finish, you will most likely lose point 4 and 3.

Orange is not a run to the next point map. You have to lock down every forward point, then build support and move.

Last night I went over the top players on the Orange map to see what class they played, guess what? Only 2 snipers in the top 10. One of them is Shou the only real non team player on the map. Most of the regulars play a variety of classes.

If you dont like the Orange map, dont play it, but insulting those that do is IMHO bad form for a member of the community.

Are we the best players on TF2? Hell no! But there are some talented people as well.

Al

3. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

i played orange a couple days ago and actually won a round! it was very nice to actually win, since i never play orange, and never expect to win while playing. granted, my team was much better than the other team and it still took all the effort we could muster, but it was a good time.

4. Primus Ave

Primus Ave New Member

Great idea to start a "Love" topic about orange after the "i hate" one lol

I like wide open area to snipe.

I like low gravity cause it's easier to kill someone when he jumps.

I like to build my sg on second floor even though the 3rd is the more important one (but demos can destroy the 3rd floor sgs too easily).

Attacking the last point is always a must , trying to build my sg always further while trying to protect my stuff against spies.

btw , winning is great lol and i like the way games never seem to end even after i get 1000 score points lol

5. Deadpulse

Deadpulse New Member

This is me lol :p. But I keep point whoring over and over again. Damn Shadow..

6. djmafia

djmafia Server Admin
    Server Admin

I don't have much time to write as I still have tons of work to do for school. However, I must say that I am quite disappointed with members of the community speaking negatively about those who play Orange. Most of your statements are overgeneralizations, a.k.a. stereotypes, about who plays Orange.

In the real world, one would hope that one would not judge a person based upon their physical characteristics or some other factor. I would ask for the same conduct here.

On another note, I love backstabbing snipers, sapping buildings, stabbing engies, demo jumping to the roof or wherever needed to bomb people, and causing general chaos on the map. :grin: I don't worry about points, but rather, how much fun I am having.

The banter that goes back and forth between regulars is very amusing as well.

7. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

You are all statwhores. At least you posted this in the right forum. :mrgreen:

8. Shwigity

Shwigity Guest

I love not having to care when I'm playing (half awake) at 3am? :grin:

By the way, when do the regulars of Orange play usually? I'd like to see the beast in action. :wink:

9. Al-Truistic

Al-Truistic Head Admins
    Head Admin

I would have to say a lot of us are on late afternoon, early evening. Eastern time.

10. Eclipse

Eclipse New Member

1) Heavy+KGB's=Ownage
    2) Ubering Spies,scouts, and engies

Oh yeah and starting melee wars with the help of some friends (djmafia :grin: )

11. djmafia

djmafia Server Admin
    Server Admin

Hell yeah. Random melee wars ftw! Another thing I love is when Eclipse gets auto balanced because he's too cheap to buy VIP and then, to act out his anger, types in the text chat, something to the effect of, "Alright, now I'm going to fuck some shit up." lawl. (of course, he's never quite THAT effective. :grin:

12. Eclipse

Eclipse New Member

Not until he switches to heavy and looks for djmafia and eats him like a sandvich!

...but yeah i need to get VIP xD

13. Shadowstorm

Shadowstorm New Member

I lol'd!

I promise you, there will be a day when I FINALLY get the opportunity to build in the enemy respawn, and that day will be hilarious!

14. PopeOnARope

PopeOnARope New Member

popping off the tower and burning those bastards!

listening for senties being built and burning them up before they're finished!

chasing down spies after seeing them cloke/uncloke from across the map!

burnig those sentries again from behind corners/low walls/windows in the tower!

zig zagging to avoid the snipers!

demoman on last point and shooting stickies into their spawn from behind to wall to get the sentries!

15. misterpickles69

misterpickles69 Server Admins
    Server Admin

going medic and have everyone on my team surprised we have a medic.

having a pyro rush when we were getting owned last night and wining the game 15 minutes later.

Sniping scouts running to our second point.

Stabbing snipers who are just PWNING us.

Getting to the enemy spawn as a spy and not really knowing what to do other than kill AFKers after you've sapped their teles.

Grenade launching onto the roof and wiping out 2 or 3 guys.

Sniping those who like to grenade jump.

16. djsartre

djsartre New Member

Probably 2 of my favorite things hehe. So true.

17. Darth Cyrax

Darth Cyrax New Member

Actually getting killing spree as a spy.
    All the fleshy unprotected backs waiting to be knifed. :twisted:
    MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Spy is actually my favorite class to play when I'm not getting owned.

18. Capella

Capella New Member

Going into the center cap point as a solo pyro and taking down everyone on the roof.

Going into the center cap point as a solo pyro and kiling three enemy pyros at one time.

Orange is one of the few maps that a single player can make a big difference.

Capella

19. Al-Truistic

Al-Truistic Head Admins
    Head Admin

So that would be me, pickles77954, and who else?

Actually, taking down a heavy and 2 medics is pretty cool too!

Al

20. Darth Cyrax

Darth Cyrax New Member

I actually prefer going solo pyro to the center cap point and airblasting everyone off the tower :twisted: