1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I figured out my problem

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by digitaldemon, May 6, 2009.

1. digitaldemon

digitaldemon Well-Known Member

After 3 months, 6 drivers and 20+ blue screens I think I have finally figured out my Left 4 Dead problem...overclocking. I set my video card clocks back to stock and played for over an hour tonight without crashing. My shaders mess up every now and then, but at least I can play.

So, if you see me on Steam and are down for a game PLEASE send me an invite. I am so far behind in this game it's almost like I've never played. :-|

2. ShadeSWG

ShadeSWG Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club mate, even after playing since launch of this game off and on I still manage to suck ass! =p

3. digitaldemon

I can hold my own, there are just so many advanced strategies and tactics that I haven't had a chance to learn due to not being able to play.

4. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Believe it or not, the best way to get better at this game is to try to get a team together, regardless of skill level, and get your collective asses handed to you a few times. only then do you start to see all the tactics the better teams use to attack/move.

The best general advice I can give to newbies is:

SURVIVORS:

1. Move as a unit.
    2. Use the buddy system
    3. Check your fire
    4. COMMUNICATE.

INFECTED:

1. Attack as a unit
    - Try to focus attacks around the boomer (hunters pounce to distract, hunter sprays, smoker pulls while they're blinded, etc.)
    - Pick your spawn points/times carefully
    2. COMMUNICATE

There are, of course, dozens upon dozens of techniques/strategies employed by various teams, but if you can build around the basics above, you'll start improving exponentially.

5. King

King Guest

Just added you. I haven't play much L4D the day I finally bought TF2, and completely stop when I became a VIP (After the survivor mode has been release). So if I see ya online, I'll shoot ya an invite.

I'm pretty sure I'm still handy with an auto-shottie.

6. digitaldemon

Cool...been itching for some Survival. Have you played it at all yet?

7. King

King Guest

Except 2 I believe.

8. digitaldemon

I've only played a couple times myself, but it is extremely fun. I like how you can play 10 rounds of that in the time it would take to play one round of Versus or Co-op.