1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huntsman+Jarate==Liquid Sex you shoot at people so they die

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Engrishman, May 25, 2009.

1. Engrishman

Engrishman Server Admin
    VIP

The Huntsman and Jarate are incredible. INCREDIBLE. So much synergy. You throw a jar on someone then kill them with a single minicrit arrow.

I absolutely love the new sniper unlocks. I usually play soldier, but these unlocks have actually managed to change my entire worldview about a class I used to hate and never played. I find myself running around throwing jars of piss on everyone and everything, putting out allies and painting enemies alike.

Minicrit sentry guns? (Sorry, Chewy!) Minicrit kukri kills? Minicrit flaming arrows of DEATH?

The Huntsman and Jarate have really made this update for me. Kudos to valve for such great unlockable items. If Valve can get me to play a class I usually loathe obsessively, I call it a good week.

2. Capella

Capella New Member

Yeah I play sniper from time to time and have had none of the sniper items drop, but i have all of the spy items (including duplicates), and never play spy. Steam knows.

C

3. Chewy

Chewy New Member

The crit sentry noise is so wonderfully satisfiying: *SMASH* *dink*dink*dink* ARGGGHH!!

The only problem is that you have to be VERY careful NEVER to get between your sentry and the Jarate'd people, as the Sentry bullets become crits as soon as the leave the barrel, in the enemy's general direction. I have photographic proof that I was only 1 kill away from being dominated by my own gun last night on 2fort. :shock:

4. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

There's a statement I never thought I'd hear about a videogame :lol:

5. luminouscow

luminouscow New Member

This update has led to a lot of that.

I like the bow, but man, I am terrible with it.

6. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

I only have the Jarate, but you really only need one weapon.

Throw piss = free assist
    OR
    Throw piss -> no scope

7. RugRat

RugRat Head Admin
    Head Admin

I wish I could get the huntsman - i have gotten 3 jars of piss and the back thing. Plus I have had so much piss thrown on me in the game that my dog has even thought about pissing on me. Seriously, I never play the sniper class, but would give it a try if I could get the huntsman. I have gotten serveral of the spy unlocks.

8. Juralis

Juralis Head Admin
    Head Admin

I play sniper quite a bit (though largely steering clear of it since the update), and I'm dying to try out both the Jarate and Huntsman, but neither have dropped for me. The only new thing I've gotten is Cloak and Dagger. But hey, I did get my 4th Axtinguisher today, so it's all good, right?

9. achilles

achilles New Member

on the other hand, the huntsman has a weakness. People dodge the arrows. Especially on the Orange Map with gravity. :evil:

10. Capella

Capella New Member

What is funny is to see a VIP standing there at round end with say 20 arrows in him. They may not kill but they do stick.

C

11. RugRat

RugRat Head Admin
    Head Admin

I did have to laugh the other day when I say a pyro run past me with an arrow stuck in his ass. I really like the arrow effects.

12. Engrishman

Engrishman Server Admin
    VIP

Killing another sniper with an arrow to the groin is the best feeling ever.

Then I pissed on his corpse. Just to spite him.

13. Muscles O Draves

Muscles O Draves Active Member

So if you throw Jarate on a sentry, it makes all the sentry shots mini-crits?

14. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Not quite. You throw the Jarate onto the enemies who then walk into Sentry Gun range, and all the shots intended for them are all mini-crits. Obviously anyone who gets between the sentry and the piss covered people get mini crits to the face.

Makes an interesting new tactic in the front enterance on 2fort. :smile:

15. rerunaround

rerunaround New Member

I definitely agree, Engrishman! I played Sniper once in a while before, and now I hate the thought of not playing sniper. The Huntsman is possibly the most fun I have had in TF2 :) I like to see how many arrows I can get into a VIP's head after the round ends.

Does it remind anyone else of the bow from the Thief games?

16. Engrishman

Engrishman Server Admin
    VIP

I wonder if enemy line of sight nullifies jarate. Think about it this way: Let's say there's a blue sentry gun. And I jarate a red sniper. And the sniper runs behind a red heavy. Obviously the rockets and bullets targeting the sniper that leave the sentry before he gets behind the heavy will be minicrits, but would they hit the red heavy for minicrits? Or impact him with normal damage?

Since an engineer isn't an enemy to his own sentry, it definitely doesn't count the engineer as blocking line of sight to the enemy... which is why you probably got Mini-critted, chewy (Friendlies don't seem to block LOS, traditionally).

... THIS SCREAMS "PLAYTEST ME", COMRADE.

17. Cappabitch

Cappabitch New Member

NOW IF ONLY I COULD GET A SINGLE SNIPER UNLOCK.

18. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

This is how I feel about the spy.

19. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

ROFL :lol:

20. Engrishman

Engrishman Server Admin
    VIP

I'll trade you an entire sniper weapon set for a Soldier hat, if you have one.