1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunter Jump Video

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Garoun (BlazeWolfe), Mar 22, 2009.

1. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Garoun (BlazeWolfe) Server Admin
    Server Admin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiLT3EQ6NDw[/youtube]

That's fairly insane on any level. It's run on this map: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/76114 which could really use less Orange but that's life as a Hunter.

2. Chewy

Chewy New Member

The music is hauntingly powerful.

Oh, and the video's pretty good too.

3. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

This is not at all impressive. He missed every single pounce; I didn't even see the survivor he was aiming for. What a mess... :wink:

4. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

Yes its very acrobatic but usefull? Not really. If the demo had shown him totally raping the survivors in seconds flat, now that would be impressive.

5. Obmutescence

Obmutescence Guest

This is one of my favorite Hunter pouncing/jumping videos:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN7PrqVxJys[/youtube]

Guy really knows what he's doing.

6. Snipe

Snipe New Member

That video is pretty sweet ^. He goes to so many places I never think to.

7. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

The second video was full of win however I can't figure out how he gets a perfect hit so high/far away. Any one know how many points those were worth?

8. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Server Admin

My video was mainly showing the types of jumps you can use to get to unusual places :) consider it the 'technical, it's like all those old rocketjump/conc jump maps'. Ob's was putting everything into use.

The latter will naturally be better in terms of practicality :p and I'm glad he posted it.

9. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

That first video is cool. It reminds me of Bunny Track maps in UT99 or Surfing maps in TF2. I'd imagine once the SDK is out that we'll start seeing things similar to that for L4D which could be fun.

The second video is kind of inspiring. Great how he uses things nearby to gain extra height and from a usually hidden starting position. However, it looks like this might have been made before the latest patch which made it a little harder to land on someone (in an effort to allow the hunter to pounce over survivors such as ones that are being pulled by a smoker).

10. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

I'm assuming it's terminal commands or something of the sort, but how can you make it so you can spawn all alone in the city like that as infected? I try joining empty servers and switching teams, but that just makes the round end. I've always wanted to get into the maps with nobody else around and practice hunter jumps, smoker vantage points, or boomer drops, but haven't been able to figure out how, and all of google's results are for before versus mode.

11. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Server Admin

Commands you need to run, should toss them in a .cfg file so you can just type "exec somefile.cfg", where somefile is a name you can remember.

Code:
    // --------------------------------------
    echo "Practice Mode Loading"
    sv_cheats 1;
    sb_all_bot_team 1;
    director_force_versus_start;
    director_no_human_zombies 0;
    director_no_death_check 1;
    jointeam 3;
    wait 50;
    nb_delete_all;
    z_spawn hunter;
    echo "Practice Mode Loaded"
    // --------------------------------------

• [*:1fc8e6q2]Load L4D
      [*:1fc8e6q2]Open Developers Console (usually ~ or ` if you have it enabled)
      [*:1fc8e6q2]Type "map ", command will attempt to auto-select based on what you type suggest trying "l4d_vs"
      [*:1fc8e6q2]Type in the above commands or "exec somefile.cfg" (refer to above)
      [*:1fc8e6q2]Type "changelevel

12. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

Sweet, thanks. There are some pretty sick places for pounces in the first and third bits of NM.
    I just wish I could spawn survivor bots to see how much they hit for :eek:

13. seeyouinhell

seeyouinhell Head Admin
    Head Admin

Don't forget to bind noclip to a key. That way you can fly anywhere to try stuff out.

bind p noclip

14. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

Yeah, I used noclip to move to different places around the levels, but I think it's better practice to get to the various high places by bouncing. I actually landed behind the level in the first section of NM and was able to walk around it to the 'invisible' walls.

15. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Server Admin

Works best if you use noclip to find the areas that look good, then drop out of noclip and see if you can figure out how to get to said spots.

16. Drunk Guy

Drunk Guy Guest

I would just like to say that I had an awesome dream about hunter jumping last night, when I crashed this was the last thing I had seen. Really cool dreams.

17. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

I've learned to not play L4D right before going to sleep, or it will give you some weird ass dreams.

18. Snipe

Snipe New Member

^ XD! So true, another note is to not play L4D for 10 hours and then go to bed. I relieved the game in my dreams once lets just say it's strange.

19. Xabu

Xabu Guest

Damn those survivors in the second video are ass.

Decent footage, although a fair bit of it showboating considering you can't score more than 25 damage on the initial pounce hit.

20. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

Thanks to hunter practice, I got my first 25 point pounce tonight. I thought I screencapped it, but apparently I missed the button.

Oh well, just means I need to do it again.