How the heck to uber 2 people?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Jack McCoy, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Jack McCoy

Jack McCoy New Member

OK, I'm sorry, this is a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to get that stupid achievement. I've clicked between 2 people swapping my uber, but I still can't get it. Heck I've even done that with 3 people. I'm pulling my hair out......

2. Krimp

Krimp VIP Supporter
    VIP

Have two people invincible at the same time. That's about as detailed as I can get. Helps to swap between them frequently while doing it.

3. Amakiir

Amakiir New Member

It took me like 18 hours on an achievement server to get that worthless achievement, BUT THE UBER SAW WAS WORTH IT!
    But that was back in the day when you needed all the achievements to unluck the damn thing. :evil:

4. Jack McCoy

Jack McCoy New Member

Yeah I'm ashamed to say I'm still 2 away from the ubersaw, so this one seemed easy enough. Maybe not...

5. Krimp

Krimp VIP Supporter
    VIP

I don't know why it comes across as difficult for some people. I got it on my first attempt.

6. Cappabitch

Cappabitch New Member

It took me 3 ubers to do it. Remember Krimp? I was getting frustrated because the fucking thing wouldn't trigger.

Make sure you aren't using Kritzkrieg and just have two targets near each other. For the 10 seconds, constantly switch targets between them. It should trigger eventually.

7. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

I got mine on the first attempt too. I seem to remember just swapping back and forth frequently so that neither one faded. I did however struggle with the soldier ones that required you to save them from death by falling or something like that.

8. Jack McCoy

Jack McCoy New Member

Ah,ok, so I need to keep switching for the entire duration. There's my problem...now I just need to find 2 people who will stay close together.

9. wrathofbong

wrathofbong New Member

Don't sweat over it, find 2 heavies on Warpath that shoot next to eachother and keep clicking between the two, you need to do it for about 5-10 seconds. The trick is 2 people who either will stand still and shoot so you can rapidly hit them both, or move around close to you.

EDIT: Ubering near the cart on payload works even better...totally forgot about that.

10. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

well... it took me forever to get this achievement. as i recall, when the medic achievements first came out a bunch of the achievements were unattainable by certain people - that is, a lot of people would do exactly what the achievement says but not unlock the achievement. i thought they released a patch to fix this, but i guess it still bugs for some people.

it really pissed me off that i couldn't get it too because back in the day before ubering multiple people made your uber run out faster, i used to multiple uber all the time. just keep trying, you'll get it.

side note- i still just a little prick and big pharma. any suggestions on what map to do big pharma on? i'm thinking maybe payload defense or 2fort camping (BUT I CAN'T STAND 2FORT)

11. Cappabitch

Cappabitch New Member

Isn't Big Pharma 20 kills where neither of you die?

C'mon D: That's an easy achievement. Just do a sewer run on 2fort a few times. No need to camp.

12. Krimp

Krimp VIP Supporter
    VIP

I get newer Medics Big Pharma kind of a lot on 2fort. Feels kinda good getting an ally an achievement.

And it feels bad getting an enemy an achievement

13. Cappabitch

Cappabitch New Member

Yes.

Every time I play spy I end up giving someone an achievement it seems. Rage.

14. Xabu

Xabu Guest

I scored Big Pharma/Division of Labor on pl_dbheights which was a silly easy-to-camp map.

As for the dual uber achievement, it worked fine for me if you just click as fast as humanly possible between two people after hitting the uber for the full duration.

15. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

It'll probably help if you turn the "Medigun heals without holding down the button" setting off, faster switching.

16. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

you still have to click it each time you renew a heal, so it wouldn't make it any faster.

17. Amakiir

Amakiir New Member

The trick I remember figuring out about the achievement is not switching too quickly. You have a lot of time before a persons uber wears off. It wasn't a clickclickclickclickclickclick tpye thing. Its click...click...click...click. If you get what I'm saying. I remember only switching to the next person maybe 4-5 times.

18. Xebulba

Xebulba New Member

Have you tried deploying an uber on a fellow medic who is healing someone else? I've seen a few people do that before but I have never attempted it myself. Just a thought...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice