How Boomer Vomit actually works

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Garoun (BlazeWolfe), Apr 13, 2009.

1. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Garoun (BlazeWolfe) Server Admin
    Server Admin

In the spirit of helping all NH players perform above average at the games we play, I present you with the z_vomit_debug command :). The video shows what you would see in game running a local server and will allow you to visualize (literally) how the vomit works.

Supporting post: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=804906

WARNING: The guy has a horrible mic that has been jacked up way too loud, you've been warned :p.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ovlRunByg[/youtube]

2. seeyouinhell

seeyouinhell Head Admin
    Head Admin

This is going to help out a bunch.....thanks.

3. Drunk Guy

Drunk Guy Guest

I always thought there was something wrong when people told me it "arced", like the parabolic way that everyone thought it did.

So I guess the lesson here is spread out your vomit pattern more... If it only takes 1 of those lines to get a survivor wasted, then you should really spit as far and wide as you can, eh.

4. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Garoun (BlazeWolfe) Server Admin
    Server Admin

Yeah, after our game last night and me missing a vomit on someone that was literally 3ft from me I had to figure out why. Turns out my arc was a bit higher then it should have been and showed complete fail on my part rather then a game bug :p.

Another interesting thing during this search came in the way of:
    z_vomit_fatigue : 3000 : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" : Stamina impact of puking. High number will pin in place for a long time, lower will just slow.

I've always hated being forced to stop moving for a few seconds before actually puking, looks as if that isn't a bug or lag issue either and actually a setting. Using 1 instead of 3000 removes the required pause to puke while moving, not something that should be changed on a server but still interesting to know that it can be tweaked.

5. AegisTalons

AegisTalons Server Admin
    Server Admin

Interesting post, and good to know also. Always nice to know how to improve your game. +1

6. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

So this is why I suck so bad at boomer. I would get up close and think I was splashing everyone but really I was overshooting them. :mad:

7. sighmon

sighmon Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

interesting. and not really intuitive. but at now least i can use this to get a bit better and stop swearing at my screen and claiming buggy boomer code.

8. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

I knew about this for a while, but kept it to myself :p

I wish it worked for boomer explosions, too. I'd still like to see just how far that reaches and if it's reach/directions are consistent every time.

9. digitaldemon

digitaldemon Well-Known Member

I didn't know it reached that far. I always tried to limit my pukes to tight, enclosed spaces. Now I know I can try to get some distance on it. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice