1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from bac0nb0y!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bac0nb0y, Jan 30, 2009.

1. bac0nb0y

bac0nb0y New Member

Hello guys and gals. Just dropping by to say hello. I've been playing fairly regularly on the 2fort server and have begun to play a little on Warpath as well. I'm an old TFC junkie so those two maps are full of good memories. I signed up for forum and donated as well. I really enjoy the servers so far and I'm looking forward to playing more with everyone.

P.S. I could really use some assistance getting my damn headset to work. I seem to have it connected and everything but the only time someone could hear me I was apparently very faint, even though all of my settings are cranked up in TF2. Any suggestions?

Thanks again. See you around guys (and gals.)

2. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

Welcome to No Heroes, Bacons! Which headset do you have?

3. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Welcome to No Heroes. I type.

4. bac0nb0y

bac0nb0y New Member

Hills: I have a Labtec. Truth be told, it's old and a piece of shit. So I wouldn't be surprised if your suggestion was to get a good one. haha, if that's the case I will have to certainly consider it. I was wondering if there were any other options you guys could think to mess with that might up my outbound or something like that.

Wildfire: I remember playing with you as well. I think you were one of the engies that was building mass sentries in the blu main hall with me. Good times that. I also think you may have been one of the spies in the enemy sewers when I had the turret set up down there. That was some fun stuff for sure. 6 spies with revolvers is so much better than one heavy. lol

Anyway, thanks for the greetings. I look forward to playing. Later

5. m0nk3y420

m0nk3y420 New Member

about the headset ... you do have the mic unmuted and adjusted in the windows sound mixer right? , doesn't matter if it's adjusted in tf2 if the input sound is still low or muted in windows settings.

and welcome of course :grin:

6. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

There is also the "Boost Microphone Gain" checkbox in the "Voice" tab when you bring up your TF2 options panel, though I believe it is checked by default. There is also the slider in that same tab that controls your voice comm level: see if it's cranked.

As m0nk3y420 said, make sure your windows sound panel doesn't have your mic muted or turned down.

I assume that your headset is this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106217 in which case yes, you probably could do better. I assume you're using onboard sound and not a sound card, considering your headset choice? Someone else on here had a thread asking for recommendations for a new headset: might be worth checking out.

7. l4yercake

l4yercake New Member

Greetings bac0nb0Y-

I think we had an opportunity to go a few rounds on the 2fort server

8. bac0nb0y

bac0nb0y New Member

Yes, I believe we did my equally delicious friend. Look forward to seeing you on there again.

9. wrathofbong

wrathofbong New Member

If you use your standard plug in headphones and not getting enough juice, I suggest the imic, it puts USB power into your standard headset and gives you cheap dirty power, typically on older computers/ less expensive they get fussy with the amount of power that is put through the port, this will get the job done. I have been using it for 6 months on mine... works like a charm on laptop or desktop. It works well if you already have a prized headphone set and don't want to go buy a new USB mic headset. I have seen it as low as 30$ around town.
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic

10. [BLU]Rish

[BLU]Rish New Member

Hey baconboy this is rishubhav... remember me :D