1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epic night on Orange

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Capella, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Capella

Capella New Member

Last night for the first time I can remember on Orange:

Both teams were very very good. (Both teams commented on that)

Both teams wanted to win the map.

There was very little whining , the comm channel was all about enemy locations, movement and classes.

The gameplay was so intense people commented that they didn't leave the server when they had planned too.

The result was a 2 hour (which is short for Orange) balls to the wall, frag fest where the center capture point changed hands about every three minutes.

The interesting part was no one left the server (players were commenting on that too), at the end when Blu finally collapsed, the high team scores on both teams were in the 370's and the low team scores on both teams were in the 120's. Wow.

It was really nice to see the GG's afterward from both teams too.

Frankly when it was over many people were happy for it, sustaining that level of game play that long takes a toll.

Capella

2. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Awesome. I love marathon games between equally matched teams.

My longest was a Warpath match that started at 11:30pm on a Friday and lasted until 4:30am Saturday morning :shock:

3. SteakNCheese

SteakNCheese New Member

Indeed Epic.

I guess when I see you over in the orange server. It might behove me to join you for some fun nights of fragfest

4. Al-Truistic

Al-Truistic Head Admins
    Head Admin

True Dat! I was there, and on the losing team I might add. What was surprising was that we had some of the top players on that map. Capella, Fozzie, and a few others, we could make up ground, but lost it almost as fast.

A lot of cooperation, good communication, a real pleasure to play.

Al

5. Rommel

Rommel New Member

Wow, this is the exact opposite of the teams when I occasionally play orange. Damn, that's like a once a month occurrence.

6. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

I was there and it was EPIC! There were so many really good snipers that we traded shots. It's been a long time since I was sweating while playing, but that night was it. As a spy I could get 4-5 kills in a chain because the snipers and medics were all grouped up, but that did NOTHING to cripple their offense/defense. My score was in the high 100's (don't remember.)

7. Kirka

Kirka New Member

It was a fun night even though I hate good snipers.

8. DIK Farm Dunn

DIK Farm Dunn Active Member

I think I was on during the beginning of this, it only took about 30 minutes to get into the mid 100's for a score and like the others said it was constant back and forth for the middle cap point. The snipers on both teams were actually working offensively most of the time, the spys were sapping like mother fuckers, and the heavy/medic combos were doing there thing. I wish i could of hung around longer, it was a good orange game.

9. (MP)Ryan

(MP)Ryan New Member

Clearly I need to play orange in the evening rather than in the morning.

10. Capella

Capella New Member

OK, it needs to be pointed out that night was a rare event. Most nights are not like this (daytime even less).

The usual mix is a team pushes to the center point and camps the roof until the other team gets it's act together and does the same, all the while snipers have fun, that can last for hours.

Taking the 4th point isn't hard to do, but keeping it is, taking the fifth is very hard on a fully populated map.

The reason Blu collapsed that night was because the Red team pushed directly through the last three cap points all at one time, non-stop with three Uber teams. Normally teams stop and build out to defend what they have captured, that method did not work that night (and really seldom does), red adapted and won.

Congratulations to Red for innovation.

Feel free to do it again.

Note: If anyone was wondering, I was on Blu.

Capella

11. DIK Farm Dunn

DIK Farm Dunn Active Member

I know, that night was actually enjoyable and a social event on orange. Normally its pretty silent, and i am just there for two reasons:

1) to camp the other teams spawn as a spy and take advantage of all the AFK players

or

2) to snipe for 20-30 minutes and move onto another server.

However, once i heard that there was actually some direction being given and received well i decided to change it up and jump into my demo man hat for awhile. Someone was healing the hell out of me for about 10 minutes and gave me quite a few ubers, whoever that was...thanks!

12. Nightshadow

Nightshadow New Member

Capella, this is why I started playing on No Heroes more often than on other popular servers (I'm sure you guys know or have heard of the Guns 4 Back 2 School community or Right 2 Rule... for example), because here people actually care about teamwork. Notice I didn't say winning. Of course everyone cares about winning, but the people in this community understand that it takes teamwork to make it happen.

The other thing is maturity... age doesn't really matter as long as people are mature. I know most of the people that I play with at night; Xarlor, Nuronya, Kritty, A'A Fhil, Lungbutter, etc... are all in their mid to late twenties and I'm 30 years old, so the last thing I want is to play on some server with children whining the entire time or constantly spamming the mic.

Now that you mention Orange, I might have to check out your other server to see if I can get in on some of that competitiveness.

Keep up the great work admins / players!

13. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

I found my scores screenshot from that night. It was EPIC.

Attached Files: