1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete noob, but looking to fix that!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bigdawg, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Bigdawg

Bigdawg New Member

Bigdawg here. I have only begun to play TF2 and I LOVE it! While I'm not very good yet, I plan to practice to remedy that. Primarily I have played Pyro, Heavy, Medic, and Engineer. If you see stats from me on the other classes, it's likely to be one of my sons. I feel like I'm a pretty good Medic and Engi, though I need experience to be really good. So far, I've only played a few maps: 2fort, dustbowl, Goldrush, etc. and I'm completely unfamiliar with the rest. In fact, I'm so new I really only know 2fort very well. It's hard to navigate without getting killed when you are lost all the time! Again, that should improve pretty quickly.

I'm not your typical gamer. I'm 45 years old, work as a Registered Nurse in a Trauma ICU, have been married for over 20 years, and have two sons, 9 and 14 years of age.

I'm looking forward to making some friends and getting good at this game, IF my wife doesn't threaten to leave me first!

Oh, and I have a mic/headset, but the mic won't work in-game. I have a tech support request in with Steam, so hopefully, I'll be able to chat with you guys soon in the game. I have spent HOURS trying to run down the problem and I'm pretty sure it's game specific. I paid the $4 to get into the "VIP" program but I couldn't care less about that. I just wanted to be able to find a server when I wanted to play. I'm tired of knocking on closed doors, wasting several minutes of every game session just trying to find a server to play on.

2. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Welcome to No Heroes, it's an incredible place to learn to play the game. We've got some older players, I think the record is 54 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

3. Capella

Capella New Member

@fort is a bit of chaos, try a payload or capture point server to get a feel for teamwork. And yeah we were all noobs at point so no worries, just watch what other people do for a starter, then don't watch them if they die a lot.

4. Juralis

Juralis Head Admin
    Head Admin

Welcome to NH! I would highly recommend that you read through some of the strategy guides that can be found in the VIP section of the forums. We have some outstanding players across all of the classes, and the guides they've written are great. Good luck, and glad to have you here!

5. Guest

Hi!

I can probably help you with your headset problem if steam can't or you want help sooner.

Yay we can be nubby together ^_^ I hope you learn fast and rise above the rest =o Or just beat your sons. That's good too.

Trauma ICU, bleh I'm scared of blood so that wouldn't work for me haha. You're brave =(

6. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

Welcome to No Heroes

7. the-chick-on.magroin

Welcome! don't worry too much about being out of the ordinary... We've all got our own stories. I let my 2 daughters play on my name too! They're 7 and 13. My oldest is a better sniper than I shall ever be lol. My husband and I are over the average age too (i'm 29, he's 32) sooo you aren't alone :)

Nice to meet and I hope to game with you sometime!

8. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

Don't worry about being new, we were all terrible at first. This will become an unhealthy(awesome) addiction in no time...and then you'll be totally fantastic like all of us.

Welcome to No Heroes!

9. peaceful rookie

peaceful rookie New Member

hello and sorry to go off topic here, how do i get to the vip section? i guess u must be a vip, and have to link your forum ID to your steam ID? but i havn't got asked when i register here?

10. Krimp

Krimp VIP Supporter
    VIP

When you get VIP, you get viewing/posting privileges for the VIP boards. As in, they show up instantly from the board index.

11. G-Unit

G-Unit New Member

I think I hold the age at 57 but if anyone wants to claim my title.....please.....anyone?.... Welcome to No Heroes