1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"CAL config"

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Brock Samson, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Brock Samson

Brock Samson New Member

So this guy on the boards messaged me about scrimming and told me about something called "cal config" (cal = cyber athletic league) where the witch and tank spawn every round in the same spot, and there is a system asking if all players are ready (like the arena on TF2 i guess). I'm guessing this is a server side thing... do we want/need it, does it suck or not etc? Just asking because it sounds like it makes the game a little more fair to me.

2. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Aren't you supposed to be off "finding yourself" or something?

3. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

^This :shock:

4. Xabu

Xabu Guest

http://www.caleague.com/?page=rules (Choose L4D 4v4 Open Division)

I could write up a rambling essay on what is and isn't good but quite frankly what we have works. So I give a resounding "no."

EDIT: To clarify not that I disagree with everything that's written there but a lot of what we enforce for our own rules are based on etiquette and common sense and I don't see a reason to change it.

5. Brock Samson

Brock Samson New Member

I find myself at least once a night. Anyway, I have it "under control", and the dude messaged me on AIM. You can lock my absence thread if you want, I thought I could delete it as the creator but couldn't.