1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLU Setup Payload Extreme Style

Discussion in 'General BS No One Cares About But You' started by Xarlor, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Xarlor

Xarlor No Heroes VIP

As BLU, unless you're a medic, there's not much to do the 60 seconds before the gates open. On the payload extreme server, we make our own entertainment. Here are various clips of HLSS combined with an appropriate class that I've recorded in the past. Thanks to all the payload Extreme regulars for helping out. See you in-game!

Now available in HQ!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3KU6rsplbg

-Xarlor

2. Chewy

Chewy New Member

I don't go on PE very often. Does this always happen? :shock:

3. AegisTalons

AegisTalons Server Admin
    Server Admin

I'm with Chewy, I don't normally go on that server, but if even has a small chance of happening when I'm on, I'm definitely going to join in. Absolutely hilarious.

I took the liberty to take the video you posted on youtube and embed it in this post so people don't have to do to youtube. Of course credit goes to you Xarlor and all the others involved in that hilarious video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3KU6rsplbg[/youtube]

4. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Guest

I have been on during the "Jump Jump" event before, I doubt I was on the time it was recorded, but it was fun nonetheless.

5. the_mad_magyar

the_mad_magyar New Member

Humpdy dance with snipers for teh win!!! :lol:

6. Batman

Batman Guest

You guys better be careful spamming music over the voice chat.

7. Savage

Savage Head Admins
    Head Admin

Oh geez...buy a sense of humor.

8. Xarlor

Xarlor No Heroes VIP

Again, this is done during the 60 seconds of prep time on a Payload map, when BLU is stuck behind the gates and we're all doing nothing but playing with our respective wangs. If there is a complaint from ANYONE - regular or new alike, about mic/music spamming, I stop immediately and don't do it again the rest of the time I'm logged in.

In my experience, however, players get a kick out of these events and there's much laughing and cavorting after them (check out my other youtube video (TF2 55 points Heavy) at the very end in the mosh pit for an example). I'm no admin, but I feel if the players on the server at the time like it and no one is against it, no harm.

Feel free to flog me with wet noodles if I'm out of line.

-Xarlor

9. Batman

Batman Guest

Personally I find it annoying to hear someone playing music over their mic.

10. RugRat

RugRat Head Admin
    Head Admin

I agree when it is random music and it has nothing to do with whats going on at the time. But in Xarlor's case, we have come to enjoy this informal warm-up as we get ready to take on the RED team. I have never heard him doing this in-game. You can almost see everyone jumping back to their preferred roles just as the clock is running out. I think the spy dance wins too.

11. Guest

The Eye of the Tiger part was the best. XD

12. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Agreed. :lol:

13. Alanator

Alanator New Member

Awesome. :lol:

14. Wheel of Fish

Wheel of Fish New Member

Aww I wish I could turn my speakers up.

15. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

I always look forward to the jump around segments while waiting to play, I was in the engie, scout, and my favorite sniper hump scenes

16. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

sniper hump was the best

Maybe. I really liked the benny hill one too

17. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Scout circle pit!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I lol'd when the two engineers met in the center of the ho down circle :lol:

The snipers doing the humpty hump was gold and I'm pretty sure Dr. Strangelove won the horse race! :lol:

Were these all done on the same evening? I'll bet you guys couldn't wait for the round to finish so that you could have more fun in spawn, lol!

This made my day. :grin:

18. Aix

Aix Senior Server Admin
    Senior Admin

Haven't you seen Batman's movies? He's a very serious kind of guy.

19. kief__catcher

kief__catcher Server Admin
    Server Admin

don't tempt me!

my fav was the sniper humpty dance too, very clever. i think it'd be funny to do the demoman bottle taunt with something like j-kwon's tipsy playing in the background. "erbody in the club gettin tipsy...."

20. Nuronya

Nuronya No Heroes VIP

One night we came into the game and several rounds later as we were about to switch to blue. Someone asked if Xarlor was going to play something to warm us up. I laughed irl because I couldn't believe how people have come to enjoy the odd "blue team warm up". But this past week I heard the best comment yet. A red team member said in text how they wished they were on the blue team to be able to participate. I never thought of how it must look to the other team but it must be a funny sight.