1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Survival time?

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by dy5c0, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dy5c0

dy5c0 Guest

Bettik, Dead_Cell, Single Ds, and myself just got 12.21 on the last stand portion of survival mode. Basically, if you go to the bedroom where they are writing about derrick and line up on the wall you can watch each side the door and the window. They break out all of the walls to the right and in the bathroom but its ok because youll be against the wall. More importantly than anything is setting up the room and the other rooms for the assault. You can pick up a pipe bomb and then walk in the room youll be at and replace the moli on the floor with the pipe bomb, this is essential because youll need many pipe bombs for when you need to get HP and when you need to get supplies. Then take all the gas cans and propane tanks and line them up in the other room so that you dont blow or burn yourself to death. Make sure everyone has shotguns as this will prove important in bringing down the infected and other tanks. Start it, get in the room grab hp when needed using pipebombs and watch each others backs, there are a ton of infected and the hunters knockback seems to be more.

anyways we did this 3 times. first time was just 12:00, the 2nd attempt was a massacre and the 3rd was 12:21.
    heres the screenshot and bettik has a video of the strat... oh yeah at 6 min marker you get 2 tanks, need to be setup for that.

[​IMG]

2. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

Here's a demo of that very game for anyone that wants to see: REMOVED - SEE BELOW ***

Btw, if you watch the demo, the setup in the picture above proved to be almost worthless when someone (ok, me) accidentally shot one of the propane tanks trying to deal with two smokers that spawned just by it all. This of course started a chain reaction and destroyed all the gas tanks as well. Still. having them on that shelf and in that room meant that they wouldn't hurt any of us because of the wall between. Still, it was such a neatly organized little shelf, don't you think?

***I've removed the demo because of a bug I just became aware of via the official L4D forums. Apparently if you watch a demo of a Survival game right now while logged in to Steam, there is a chance that your own personal best time for the map the demo was on will be replaced by the demo's time! (if the demo's time is better than yours). You can alt-tab after starting the game and disconnect from steam (i.e. unplug your ethernet cable) and then watch the demo without worry of this happening, but I thought I'd just prevent it all together and take down the demo.

3. Wow, sounds intense. I might have to try this sometime.

4. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

[​IMG]

this mode is made of pure win I fucking love it

5. Guest

6. dy5c0

dy5c0 Guest

to resize your photos go to imageshack.com and resize it to 640x480 i think thats forum size..

7. Damn, Me and SpaZ were playing a bit earlier, not really playing seriously and only got 4:23 or something like that.

8. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

Not to mention the suicides....LOL

9. Drunk Guy

Drunk Guy Guest

On that particular level, we actually also had a lot of success lining up against a wall, except we lined up in the first big room on the first floor, three on the non-breakable wall and one on the sink. Turns out if you just deal with each tank by moving a bit as it comes, it's a great place to chill.

10. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

Sup?

Attached Files:

11. Holy shit, you all had almost full health at that point, too!

12. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Garoun (BlazeWolfe) Server Admin
    Server Admin

BTW, if you hit 'ESC' to bring up the menu and go to Leaderboards, you can see the best times of each person on your friends list for each map :).

13. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

Spazman, I checked your stats. You don't have the Gold Medal achievement... Did you just post a random internet picture as your own?

14. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Server Admin

I sure as hell hope not, all you have to do to check is have him on your friends list and go to leaderboards. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but not cool otherwise :p.

15. A. Bettik

A. Bettik VIP Supporter
    VIP

I would have done that, but I don't have him on my friends list. I also don't recognize the names of the 3 players that you can see in it as anyone from NH. 14 minutes with 3 at full health, pills and/or throwables seems ridiculous. Is that Lighthouse, btw?

16. Garoun (BlazeWolfe)

Server Admin

Based on the mouseover text for the link it's the subway portion of No Mercy: l4d_hospital02_subway0007.jpg

I found the lighthouse to be considerably smaller then I expected it to be and there were not a whole lot of places you could go to avoid things considering almost every railing was made out of tissue paper :p.

17. Ragnarok-RgB

Ragnarok-RgB New Member

Maybe we should post what map our times are for cause that actually makes a difference my screencap was from lighthouse

18. II know Saganaki and hutch, so that's not a fake picture. Maybe it glitched and didn't give him the achievement?

19. AIRchrist

AIRchrist New Member

I call bullshit on his 14 minutes. I checked the other players' stats and they do not reflect anything close to what it would've taken to get 14 minutes in.

One guy only has 128 zombie kills total in the entire time he's played on our servers.
    The other guy only has 68 kills total. I call absolute bullshit.
    View attachment 307

Attached Files:

20. SpaZMaN

SpaZMaN Guest

LOL damn you guys cant take a joke. The map is No Mercy-Generator, with sv_cheats on.

My best is 8min I think.

Check it out you can get to the safe room close the door and the map ends!

Edit: We don't play on NH servers, we play on Hutch's priv. server. The only time I play on NH server is when I join someone here.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.