1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balloon Race Mechanics Revealed (NOW WITH SOURCE ATTACHED)

Discussion in 'TF2 Mapping' started by Proven, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

http://chuckstar.wordpress.com/2009/02/07/how-balloon_race-works/

The mapper that does the Balloon Race series has posted information of how he makes it work. I really hope we can make our own because Savage is right on the money that this guy may never release the update.

He has posted also that once he releases V2 that he will give away his source documents. That would allow people to just copy paste/edit at will...which would rock so much!

2. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Re: Balloon Race Mechanics Revealed by Chuck

Yes yes yes!

Now I can begin working on a boat race!

3. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

Oh that's HAWT! I am sooooo into that map that when I play other maps I suck ass.

There is a version floating out there that has a lot of the updates already applied minus a few. I think it is called Balloon_Race_GM23. I played it and I really hope that that version was just a daydream...because it was buggy and gaudy.

4. Proven

Proven Community Veteran

One of the map source downloads was borked, so I tried the second one and the map loaded fine. I have attached the file compressed in a 7zip archive for maximum compression.

I suck at mapping...so i am praying someone here is better and can make this a NO HEROES balloon race!

Attached Files: