1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone up for a few rounds?

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by wrestling396, May 1, 2009.

1. wrestling396

wrestling396 VIP Supporter
    VIP

I am looking for someone to play with tonight or tomorrow maybe around 10 or 11 at night.

2. Snipe

Snipe New Member

I'm up for tomorrow night if ya wanna.

3. wrestling396

VIP

sounds good we just need some more people

4. Manuel Magaa Gmez

Manuel Magaa Gmez New Member

Just picked up l4d but have been playing single player because scared of pubbers and would much rather play with NH folk.

5. wrestling396

VIP

woo we just need to find one more for our team.

6. Xabu

Xabu Guest

It's really not like it used to be. I mean yeah, Quickmatch can net you a lot of frustration but if you want to pick up the basics of Versus it's rather essential. Purchasing the game and immediately jumping into a game with well-experienced friends can also net both them and you frustration likewise. Survivor tactics are essentially the same as in Campaign, you just have to remember that Infected will generally attack in multiples with little warning (particularly important for Boomers). This basically means that Infected is what you really need to practice along with group coordination as Survivors. Talk often and speak up, if you're not confident in your own abilities, don't rush the point but don't fall behind either; keep in the middle of the pack and focus your efforts on protecting teammates. For Infected, there's plenty of videos on Youtube to give you a decent rundown. All Infected really is, is left-clicking; but what differentiates this is how you click believe it or not. For Boomers for example, 75% of your "skill" is decided even before you spawn. You need a good place, need to understand vomit mechanics prior, and need to anticipate being attacked because you will always be the #1 priority for Survivors.

Quickmatch will net you frustration but it can make for some efficient learning. It's easier now as people have gotten better and (slightly) more mature about gameplay. At least now there's some buffs to overall teamplay mechanics, such as the higher scoring team going Survivors first. Back in my day there wasn't a grace period on connecting either, so if you saw yourself loading as Survivor your bot to occupy would be frozen in place for the entire duration you connected so you'd be dead or incapped by the time you loaded. But alas, no more.

7. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

I should be around...

8. Snipe

Snipe New Member

I am addin' you to my list so just message me when you want to play!

9. Manuel Magaa Gmez

Manuel Magaa Gmez New Member

Added folk, too.

10. wrestling396

VIP

I am trying to set up a game now

11. DarkCarnival

DarkCarnival New Member

I'm prolly too late but I'm game. DV8tion2u. :twisted:

12. digitaldemon

digitaldemon Well-Known Member