1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Activate awkward intro script!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Demonseed, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Demonseed

Demonseed New Member

Just thought I would pop in and say hello. I'm fairly new to the No Heroes community, but I'm enjoying my time here immensely. I've already become a VIP after my first night, because these servers are so enjoyable. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all. If you need a little healing, I'll be around somewhere most of the time.

2. Capella

Capella New Member

Welcome to NH. And good to hear new people coming in commenting on the positive difference NH servers have.

Capella

PS: Anyone new feels awkward, especially in an established community, just hang around a bit and that will get by.

C

3. bclose

bclose Senior Admins
    Senior Admin

Yes, it will go away. But not for a very, very long time. :wink:

Welcome to No Heroes!

4. Demonseed

Demonseed New Member

I never know how to introduce myself in these types of settings. Do I say I'm an old guy who's been gaming since text only was high tech? Even though it's true, it kinda sets the bar pretty low :p

Now if I could just get my steam ID linked to my profile. FORMATTING! WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME??

5. Juralis

Juralis Head Admin
    Head Admin

No worries there, I was a big Infocom junkie as a kid. Hitchhiker's Guide, the Zorks, Enchanter, Planetfall, etc. And even before that there was Adventure, also known as Colossal Cave. Those were awesome. Hell, I just recently downloaded the original Zork again and played through a bit of it.

6. Hills

Hills Server Admin
    VIP

Welcome to No Heroes and thanks for contributing.

7. Demonseed

Demonseed New Member

I actually did the same, got the original Zork from Gametap just for the heck of it.

Nothing quite matches my joy at getting to see this again:

It is quite dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

8. SteakNCheese

SteakNCheese New Member

Welcome to NH

9. AGrue

AGrue Guest

I've heard a rumor that it can still happen if you play on Warpath.

10. Zind

Zind KING OF CHAT
    Senior Admin

Plaaaaaneeeetfalllllll. That was one of my favorites. Hitchhiker's Guide is the only one that I ever beat without using the hints. i got SO close on beyond zork, starcross, and stationfall. Planetfall was probably the second hardest I played. Suspended was damn near impossible for me, although I was in elementary and middle school while I was tooling around with them >.>